𝟺𝟺| 𝙵𝚎𝚕𝚒𝚌𝚒𝚍𝚊𝚍

Felicidad (noun) {Spanish}

- the term happiness is used in the context of mental or emotional states, including positive or pleasant emotions ranging from contentment to intense joy.

~*~

It was minutes after half-time ended. I could feel the adrenaline from the field riding the jittery atmosphere all the way to the stands and it encompassed us all. My nerves practically jostled me to the edge of my seat. The rumble of the crowd aided in calming me down slightly. 

Cartoons were the only place I ever saw a person move so swiftly where all they left behind was a blurred trail of colour. Well, that's how it was watching Liam play. He outran the opposing defenders effortlessly. His red jersey adhered to his skin with sweat and the number nine at the back of it glimmered. I could tell the Martelle team was shocked by how fast he moved on the field, making it known that the position he was destined for was as the striker. 

Nolan relieved Liam from his original position as central midfielder now that he was the striker. I was worried that Nolan would struggle since the only position he ever played was striker - but he proceeded to astound me. His passing skills were wondrous and I couldn't find it in me to tear my eyes away from him as he distributed the ball to the other players. He was matched with Caleb, attacking midfielder, in an offensive formation.

"Yes, Nolan!" Sabrina applauded as the crowd howled when Nolan took a long shot and the ball glided towards the goal post, narrowly missing the goalie's fingertips. I shrieked in happiness, seizing Sabrina's arm as we bounced up and down. The cheer girls who sat with us chorused a song. They were perspiring too, having just finished their routine. 

We scored three goals so far but Martelle was still ahead by one. Our team appeared to have taken them off guard because they scored the first two goals effortlessly. But now Martelle was upping their game, apprehending that they underestimated the Lakeside Lions. The new plans Caleb taught the team appeared to be helping tremendously.

A few moments after, Martelle nearly scored a goal but Christian lurched to the side, muscular arms outstretching before he dragged the ball into his chest. He landed on the ground just as the Lakeside supporters went insane. I could tell he was exhausted but his job didn't end there as minutes later, the Martelle striker was back at it again, endeavouring for a goal. 

Favourably, Christian didn't even have to do anything. Mike and Gabe, centrebacks, quickly shut down the opposing attackers and brought the ball out from the back. When the opposing fullbacks tried to intrude, Luke and Ethan quickly helped, warranting that Mike was shielded as he booted the ball towards Jeremy.