snippet

I'm experimenting with a new genre, give me tons of feedback!

____________

They say that we are transparent. Just look us up online and you'll know every detail of our existence. I'm honest and hardworking; I love my fans, my band, my family. But somethings are private. Mine to know, mine to understand, mine to feel. I can't bring everyone to agree but I believe the freedom to love this boy is a well-deserved prize for my hard work. A secret I keep without guilt.

We've agreed on no stealing glances lest anyone gets suspicious but I can't help it. He's seated right in front of me, unlike his usual far end of the table. He's adorably munching away on a piece of carrot; I want to pull his cheeks. He really does seem like a bunny at times. He looks up and our eyes meet briefly. I quickly look away. He knows I've been staring. I bite my lip, I dont want him to be mad about this.

Dinner with everyone is a daily affair. We get by just fine but somedays I cant help getting carried away.

I can feel my face flush, the red undoubtedly spreading across my cheeks. He loves it when I look at him the way I do, just not with everyone around. We'll tell everyone one day, just not now.

"Hyung, can you pass me the dipping sauce," Jungkook asks calmly, without batting an eye. I slide the small bowl across the table.

He's good at protecting what we have. It sometimes annoys me how collected he is in these situations. I don't know if I take enough responsibility as the older one.

For the rest of the meal I feel guilty and keep to myself. Everyone is happily chatting away, discussing tomorrow's shoot. I throw in dialogues here and there, I don't want to seem distracted despite having a lot on my mind. Jungkook participates enthusiastically. I know his lack of worry isn't indifference, its his way keeping us safe.

Post dinner we catch the rerun of a drama on tv. I'm sitting alone on the couch; Jungkook with Suga hyung on a loveseat. I think of retiring for the day but decide to stay. We've been swamped with work some quality time with the boys will be good.

"Its cold, I'll get blankets," I hear Jungkook announce and leave to fetch some from the closet. We haven't made any conversation since dinner, I don't  know if he's mad at me.

He returns and starts handing out the blankets to everyone and I wonder if he's going to share one with Suga hyung. Hyung would think nothing of it but here I am jealous.

I want to snuggle with Jungkook.

I blankly stare at the TV and imagine Jungkook's warmth against me. It's been so long it's been since I've held him.

But I don't have to imagine for too long. I feel a blanket flutter and land sotfy, covering my torso. I look up and realize Jungkook had spread the blanket on me.

It's such a sweet gesture I smile at him. His face is stoic but this is his way of letting me know I'm forgiven. I want to get up and kiss him senseless, but that'll have to wait for another time.

He gives me a cocky smirk out of nowhere. I feel surprised.

But my surprise doesn't end there. He settles himself on the plush couch handle and covers his body with the rest of my blanket. I huge grin threatens to break on my face but I control it somehow.

I try to engage myself with the show, a futile attempt to calm my wildly beating heart. His hand soon finds mine under the blanket and I enlace our fingers.

I look at him only to find him looking at me. He motions for me to lean in and when I do, he whispers, "somedays, I can't control myself either."

_______________

Hi hi hi,

So I thought of writing an extra piece. Hope u like 😘😘😘
I'll post the main story soon!!!
Please vote, comment (plenty) and share!!!!