【1 ➢ 187】

-4 YEARS LATER-

-PRESENT-

"Y/n! It's your 19th birthday!" Mori said with a cheery tone.

"Yes, it is." You replied, preparing to walk out of his office.

"Ah! Y/n-Chan, common! Ever since you joined the mafia you've never treated yourself!" Mori said with a sad tone.

"Mori... I already planned something for me." You replied, Mori pouted at your seldom response.

"You mean you'll take an assassination mission?" Mori sighed. "Y/n, you're a mafia executive. You only go out during missions, everyone in the organization barely knows your name."

The room was silent, you didn't turn around from the door.

"Why do you want to know my reason for working in the port mafia for hard?" You asked, glance stuck on Mori from over my shoulder. Mori tilted his head.

"I didn't ask that." Mori said, his voice confused.

"Yet you did intend to ease me into that question." You replied, Mori smirked.

"Ah! Y/n, you shouldn't use your ability on me!" Mori whined. You sighed, turning your gaze away from Mori and staring into the door of his front office with your back turned to him.

"I joined...because I'm finding a reason to live. I'm just tired, like a corpse in a breathing body. When I saw that guard kill that man that time, I didn't realize I used my ability to know he was happy."

---

"Kirena-San." A familiar voice called out, you turned around and saw Akutagawa.

"Akutagawa." You acknowledged.

"Could we spar again?" Akutagawa asked with a desperate look in his eyes.

"Make sure to kill me this time." You said in a serious tone as you turned around and began walking towards the training room. You walked to the center of the room, turning around to see Akutagawa nowhere in sight. Pulling out your gun, you pointed it straight above your head and shot the bullets until you ran out, walking forward a few steps before Akutagawa crashed into the floor.

"You were breathing too loud." You said, turning back to see the bullets around Akutagawa and his Rashoumon disappearing.

"Your Rashomon is attached to you, when it gets hit, it causes vibration from the impact it was hit with. Even if you reflect the bullets you'll still become unsteady, remember that. Your Rashomon is strong, you are weak." You ridiculed, Akutagawa then standing up and giving you a determined look with his fists clenched.

"Let's go again."

The clock hit 6, Akutagawa was enervated and unable to stand up straight. You threw a black beaker bag with 10 sections, each having a filled 100 ml beaker.

"Why so many?" He asked.

"I thought maybe if I was weak, dazed, and anemic then I would be killed during my mission tonight." You said with a slight smile on my face, Akutagawa closed his eyes.

"You need to mute your breathing, you're practically yelling out your location." You said coldly.

"If you continue to be weak, when life decides to balance itself you'll lose everything, you'll be killed over and over and become a hollow breathing body." You said, if you had been stronger then your family was taken, then they would've survived, they wouldn't have had to resort to such measures.

If I was stronger, they would've lived.

It's all my fault.

"I'm done."

---

Heading down the hallways, there was a report of an amateur terrorist group going around bombing popular areas. Looking at the information from the 3 spots they bombed prior, you deduced their next target is a popular tourist attraction. One of the most used trading ports, in the underground world, that is the Port Mafia's territory. The guards we had guarding that area would obviously have been killed from their suspected attack so you volunteered to protect it. Sitting there, listening to the ocean on the dock with your feet over the edge hovering over the flowing water.

You ducked your head to the right, catching a fist, you flipped them over your shoulder. Their back landing on the dock's edge with their legs into the water as you hold their head in a threatening chokehold. From the way their spine hit the edge of the dock, there must've been damaged.

"Can't swim now. Where's your base?" You asked, the male struggled in pain as you stopped the blood flow to his brain by digging your fingers into his jugular vein.

"I-I'll never tell you..." He glanced over his shoulder, looking at you and scoffing. "Seriously? You, that Double-Black wannabe?" He hissed, you grabbed the top of his head and his chin, snapping it quickly to the left until his neck broke, dropping his body into the water and watching his sink deeper as slight bubbles disrupted the water.

Until they stopped.

#187.