【6 ➢ Roomates】

"How stubborn, I guess I'll have to teach you to hold your tongue." Dazai leans in, his lips closing in on yours, pressing against you.

Pressing against your hand.

His lips pressed against the palm of your hand, your entire face burning in embarrassment and shock, at a loss for words.

What does this crusty fool think he's doing?!

"Y-You crusty bandage roll! W-What the heck in tarnation are you doing?!" You stammer, shoving your hand forward and pushing his face away from you as you stumble back until you hit the wall. Dazai awkwardly readjusted his stance, once he caught your eye he pouted. "You think you can seduce me into giving you information?!" Suddenly, you felt a dark heavy aura next to you. You look over to see the blonde from earlier, a shadow cast over his eyes that caused you to pause for a moment.

No mafia member could survive that mentally.

"Welcome to the agency, my name is Kunikida. Atsushi has already filled us in on your situation, I would recommend you consider taking safety with the agency. The port mafia has a track record of eliminating all their enemies and traitors." Kunikida said, his arms crossed. You didn't need your ability to know he was telling the truth.

Of course you would know that, you did eliminate most of them, or sent Akutagawa to do so.

"No. I'll be fine." You replied, closing your eyes and turning away slightly. "Where's the exit?" You asked.

"Are you alright? You're shaking." Kunikida asked out of concern, you looked over to him, confused at his comment, and you realized he was right. You weren't cold, you felt something else... A feeling you hadn't felt since that day.

Fear.

Your eyes felt glossy, yet you repressed the emotion and furrowed your eyebrows. You didn't like this, you hated this place. You want to leave.

"I understand if Dazai might have startled you earlier but I assure you he i-"

"Show me the exit." You demanded, cutting Kunikida off. You decided to shove past him, walking towards the main office of the agency. You saw a single wooden door, deciding it was the entrance, you reached out when-

"Y/n, am I correct?" An authoritative voice called out from behind, you glared behind you to see a tall male with a katana on his side. You eyed his weapon quickly before studying his features, he had sliver hair, sharp eyes, and wore a green kimono.

"Who may you be?" You asked in a sharp tone, you saw Kunikida flinch, that maybe you realize he must be of high status, most likely the agency's president. The male didn't flinch at your tone, he instead closed your eyes.

"The goal of the Armed Detective Agency is to help others, I understand you may have felt unwelcomed by our staff but I assure you we don't hold negative intent." He said, you narrowed your eyes further, your hand hovering over the doorknob. You turn to face him directly, subtly reading his intents with your ability. He's genuine, he wants to keep you safe. He's fearful for your death to be announced on the new if you leave. He's not going to let you stay even if you go he'll get someone to tail you. You know it'll most likely be Dazai, after that little stunt you pulled to jump out of the window, Dr. Yosano and Dazai most likely deducted that you're an ability user.

"Fine. I'll stay." You said, your hand dropping to your side as you sigh in the annoyance of the situation.

Why does help come when you don't want it? Why is life so unfair? Why do I ask myself stupid questions that I already know the answer to?

---

You had been given a room by Mr. Fukuzawa, the president of the agency you later learned. You were told that you would have a roommate as the staff dormitories were all in use, you cringed when Dazai was the one to escort you to the dorm. It was decided that Dazai would be the best "bodyguard" as the Port Mafia's Lethal squad, the squad that deals with traitors, is mostly run by ability users, and with Dazai's nullification ability it would be safer. Of course, you already knew that. You were the leader of that squad, you wondered if Akutagawa or Chuuya would take over and lead in your place if Mori seriously betrayed you.

Why? What's the benefit? Loosing "The Demonic Prodigy", and then losing his replacement. You blinked out of your zoned out state as Dazai shoved a key into a door lock.

"Did you swipe my key off me?!" You yelled in annoyance, Dazai opened the door, stepping aside and gesturing for you to go inside.

"No, I'm your roommate!" Dazai smiled innocently, your mouth drops for a moment and Dazai gently pats your chin up, closing your mouth. "Don't worry! I'll take great care of you!" He assures you in a cheerful tone, pushing you into the apartment with the door closing behind the two of you. You quickly turn around, slapping his hands off your back and crossing your arms. You soften your expression when you see Dazai's cheerful demeanor is gone, replaced with a more serious aura. He smirks to you as he locks the door.

"Safety comes first~" Dazai smirked, his tone was playful, low. You didn't like it, but you acted indifferently.

The way Mori taught you to feel.