【2 ➢ Overtime Thoughts】

You knock three times, hearing Mori's confirmation to enter before walking into his office.

"It's done, what's my next task?" You asked. 

"Kirena, you work 98 hours a week, never skipping a day. I'm very thankful for your contribution, but I worry about your health." Mori said sympathetically.

"Then give me a mission." You replied, brushing off his comment about taking it easy, or at least easier. Mori sighs at your stubborn nature.

"Your mission is to finish cleaning up the organization you sought out yesterday."

---

After eliminating the rest of the organization with Chuuya, my partner, it was convenient that we didn't need to use corruption. Mori had forced you to take a break from working as it was your birthday, despite your constant protests, he used his status as the boss against you. You walked around the streets of Yokohama aimlessly, staring at the ground with a bored expression. You wandered into an alleyway, stopping and pausing for a moment as you held your breath, listening carefully as you heard the quiet steps and breathing of someone creeping up behind you.

You quickly turn around and sock them in the face, using your ability, Devils in Daylight, to immediately read their intentions. You cringed, pinning him into the ground and holding his arm on your knee.

"Move and I'll break your arm, damn human trafficker." You mumbled.

"How did you kno- ARGH!" You snapped his arm in half and stood up, pulling a gun out of your back belt slot and pointing to his forehead.

"What's the location, where are the girls?" You demanded, the male furrowed his eyebrows.

"What the hell are you?!" He yelled, you read his intent of not telling you that the girls were being held at 67th Osaka drive. Pulling the trigger, his body falls dead as you dig into his pocket, pulling out his phone and calling the police on him with a note and an address written onto it. You stand on the building's roof, looking down and listening to the conversation between the officers on the scene.

"Wait! This is the infamous human trafficker of Yokohama, he must've gotten a hit put on him. Sargent headed to the location on the note and found 47 registered missing peoples."

"A trafficker or not, murder is murder."

You closed your eyes, turning away and about to head to a random hotel to stay the night when you saw Akutagawa there with an eyebrow raised.

"Y/n, why did you do that?" He asked.

"Why do you think I'm not part of the torture squad? The way the Mafia tortures people is to break them physically, then kill them over and over again mentally. No one deserves that, because you then become a shell of yourself. You become a breathing body." You replied. 

"Those people were weak, if they couldn't beat some worthless traffickers then they are weak." Akutagawa protested. 

"Fine, let's spar for a moment." You said, using your ability, Beyond the Illusion, to create a sparing partner for Akutagawa, it took the shape of a shadow. As Akutagawa attacked, he noticed that the illusion had the exact same ability as he, despite this, the illusion was defeated within seconds.

"What are you doing? That was weak." Akutagawa said, coughing into his hand. 

"The weak should die, die and make way for others. That's what you told me when we first fought. That illusion had the exact same technique, ability, and physical strength as you did when we first spared. If I had your mindset, you wouldn't be breathing right now."