The New Camper

I ran to the top of the hill, being dragged by my satyr protector, Cedar Bush. He was holding really tight, but I didn't care. We were being chased by a big black dog, and I couldn't flash my good looks and hope it died, because my makeup was in my purse, and the dog had chewed it up.

I felt miserable. We reached the top of the hill and I saw a climbing wall, a big house, a lake, and some other stuff my brain didn't have time to register, because I fainted.

I woke up on a soft cot with a blonde girl with a grey streak in her hair spooning a drink down my throat. It tasted like the hot chocolate my mom would make over winter break. I wanted more. When I asked, she shook her head and said, "I don't think we can risk more." and then she jogged off, telling me to stay in bed. 

I did, because I found I could hardly move at all. I wasn't hurt. I was scared. A big black dog Cedar called a hellhound chased me into a mysterious place and I woke up with a girl my age spooning liquid down my throat. Not my best day. 

The girl came back in conversation with a man in a wheelchair that I recognized. I had been five years, but here in front of me was the man that had loved former my enemy, Percy Jackson. I mean, he was just a kid with ADHD and other special needs thingys! He wasn't special!

"Hi Mr. Brunner. I mumbled.

"Hello Ms. Bobofit. How are you?"

"Fine." I mumbled.

He raised an eyebrow, clearly not believing me. 

"Okay no I'm not fine!" I shouted, surprised by my sudden outburst. "I got chased from school by a big black dog and my boyfriend turns out to be half horse and-"

"Did you just call your boyfriend a centaur?" he asked. Mr. Brunner seemed half amused, half mad.

"NO!" I yelled. "I called him a fauny satyr thing! Your textbooks just came to life! How are you not surprised by any of this?!"

Mr. Brunner put a hand on my shoulder. "Calm down Nancy." I took a few deep breaths and relaxed. I slumped on my pillow. What was going on?

As if he heard my thoughts, Mr. Brunner said, "The world is still the same, you're just discovering parts most mortals don't know. This is a summer camp, by the way"

"I have a bunch of questions." I said. "Like what was that dog, what was Cedar, and most importantly are there any hot guys here?"

"Let's have Annabeth show you around and answer your questions."

The blonde nodded and dragged me to my feet. "Come on Nancy. Let's go meet my boyfriend and then we'll show you around."

"How do you know my name?" I asked. 

"Chiron told me."

"Who's Chi-"

She jabbed her thumb in Mr. Brunner's direction. I laughed really hard. I don't really know why, but I found it funny that Chiron Brunner used to teach Greek myths. "Show her, Chiron." 

Mr. Brunner shifted his legs like he was about to stand up, but I knew he couldn't, because he was paralyzed from the waist down. But then he did stand up, but there weren't any human legs. I remembered what he said five years ago, the day we had our field trip. "Does this matter in real life?" And I realized that the answer was yes. Because Mr. Brunner was a centaur.

Annabeth steadied me and smiled. "It's okay." she said. "It's normal here. We fight monsters, train, and curse the gods. We're all a big happy family." We walked out of the guest room and into a hallway. There was a boy with messy black hair and sea green eyes. He had a playful smirk like the teacher was going to hell soon. "Hey Seaweed Brain!" Annabeth said wrapping him in a big hug. "This is our newest camper Nancy-" she stopped abruptly because Percy was glaring at me. 

It was the worst glare I had ever been under. I stammered something to Annabeth about 6th grade and how I was jelous and how that was a long time ago. She got the gist and her glare was worse than Jackson's.

"You. Did. Not." She growled. She turned around, her blonde hair flying and stalked off. "I'll go get someone to show you around." Percy mumbled and ran after Annabeth.

I walked around the house until some nice girl named Drew Tanaka decided to help me and show me around.

We walked outside and ran into a girl named Piper, who was wearing dumpster clothes.. "Hey!" she said. "Have you seen Chiron?"

"He's in the Big House, hon." Piper goggled at her.

"I knew that."

I decided to help her. "He's in the guest room. By the way, when was the last time you went shopping?"

Piper looked at me. "Last week. I needed a new shirt." She gestured to her teal shirt that said Beauty Queen.  "So you're Nancy? Percy told me about you."

I gulped. This girl knew Percy Jackson. Seeing my face she said, "It's okay. I believe in secong chances. Annabeth does too, but she's very territorial with her friends."

Drew smirked and led me away. "Territorial much? After Silena died a stupid hero, Annabeth wouldn't even look at the Aphrodite kids for a week. You know Nancy," she continued, examining her nails. "You're sorta cute. You need definite hair and makeup help, but we might be able to fix you up with someone like Sherman Yang or someone hot."

I was intrigued. "So what do the Afro-di-tee kids do?" I asked. 

Drew looked up from her nails. "We make cute couples, break them up and start all over again!" she squealed.

"You're my kind of girl." I said and we walked off to the campfire. I was claimed as a daughter of Aphrodite and Drew was perfect at makeup and stuff. We were friends, but Percy always hated us.

The camp activities were fun too. Like, I mean, canoeing was the best because I could say I had to use the restroom and the nymphs wouldn't care and me and Drew could hang in the Aphrodite cabin and do girl stuff and make cute couples, break them up, and start all over again!

I got 1069 words! Vote, comment, and I think this was kinda lame so tell me what you think.