Annabeth Chase

Annabeth POV

"Hey Daddy?" Annabeth asked walking into her dad's study. "Are you busy?"

"What is it now Annabeth?" her dad asked impatiently.

She held out her ribbon for him to see. "I won the second-grade spelling bee." He looked at the blue ribbon and sighed.

"Annabeth, can't you tell I don't care?" he looked mad and Annabeth hung her head. She walked out of the room and trudged up the stairs and emptied out her backpack. She pulled out her work folder and got her math homework and started.

2+17

Annabeth wrote an answer on the paper, thinking how this was way to easy. She was about to move on to the next problem when a little boy's scream resounded from downstairs.

Monsters.

I'm horrible at fight scenes btw.

Annabeth ran down the stairs as fast as her seven year old legs would carry her and grabbed a kitchen knife. She swung at the hellhound and kicked with everything she had. Annabeth dug the knife into it's stomach and yanked it out. The monster growled and she jumped off the counter and landed on its back and delivered a final blow where it erupted into gold dust. Annabeth fell to the floor and wiped the dust of her Mickey Mouse shirt she had even though she didn't watch tv.

Helen looked at Annabeth with a look of fury and started screaming. "YOU SEND MONSTERS TO ATTACK OUR HOME, YOU PUT OUR FAMILY IN DANGER! YOU'RE A HALF BREED! A MUTANT! A FREAK!" She drew for breath and her dad looked slightly reproachful, but made no move to calm her down. Her stepmom opened her mouth but Annabeth wasn't listening anymore. Tears were streaming down her face.

The comments stung and Annabeth ran to her room and flopped on her bed, hugging her teddy bear (Yes she actually does have one). Why couldn't she have a normal seven-year-old's life? Why couldn't she have parents who cared? Why did her mother have to leave her with the Chase's? She couldn't help who she was. Then Annabeth made an important split second decision.

She was running away.

Annabeth planned it perfectly, waited until the light downstairs went off before creeping downstairs wishing her stepmom could at least give her a kiss goodnight. She grabbed purple backpack and filled it with her dad's beef jerky, her brother's fruit snacks, and some dried fruit. Good. She scrawled a quick note to to her father and opened the door. And then stopped. 

Every time she she fought a monster, she used a butter knife or frying pan or something. Annabeth crept back inside and grabbed a hammer from the laundry room. And then left the hellhole her parent's called home for good.

Should I make a Pt 2?

What was the second Great Prophecy?

Yours in demigodishness and all that, 
Natalie