The Deal

Maui continued, "You wanna get to Te Ora, you have to go through a whole ocean of bad. Not to mention Te Mate. Lava monster? Ever defeat a lava monster?"

Trollex said, "No...Have you?"

Maui grumbled while Mini-Maui gave Trollex a tally mark for that comeback.

Maui just continued, "I'm not going on a suicide mission with some...mortal. You can't restore the heart without me. And me says no. I'm getting my hook. End of discussion."

Trollex then took a look at his tattoo of cheering fans.

"You'd be a hero."

That got his attention.

"That's what you're all about, right?"

Maui answered, "Topknot...I am a hero."

Trollex replied, "Maybe you were. But now, you're just the guy who stole the heart...and cursed the world...You're no one's hero."

"No one."

Trollex shook his head.

Then TBDB.

Then the ocean.

Trollex then said, "But...put this back...save the world...You'd be everyone's hero."

Mini-Maui then did a scene with restoring the heart and crowds cheering, "Maui! Maui! Maui! Maui!"

Maui responded, "I can't do anything without my hook."

Trollex said, "Then, we'll get your hook. We get your hook, take out Te Mate. Restore the heart. Unless you don't wanna be... "Maui, Demigod of the Wind and Sea, Hero to... all."

Trollex held out his hand for Maui to shake it, "What do you say?"

Maui thought for a moment, "First...we get my hook."

"Then we save the world. Deal?"

Maui then took his hand, "Deal."

He shook it...then threw Trollex off.

When Trollex was put back on, Maui just said, "Worth a shot."

Maui then started navigating, "Okay, we go east to the Lair of Tamatoa. If anyone has my hook, it's that beady-eyed bottom feeder."

Trollex watched with awe for a moment and then said, "Teach me to navigate."

When Maui just scoffed, Trollex said, "My job is to deliver Maui across the ocean. Therefore, I should be the one steering Echo and navigating."

Maui replied, "It's called wayfinding, fishy. It's not just looking up ahead. It's seeing where you're going in your mind... Knowing where you are... by knowing where you've been."

Trollex said, "Ok, first, I'm not a fish. I'm a Techno Troll. A Troll with an aquatic biology.

"Same difference."

"Uh, no-"

"If you breath underwater and have fins, you're a fish. You're not a wayfinder. You'll never be a wayfinder. You will never be a wayf--"

The ocean put a blow dart in his arm.

"Really? Blow dart in my arm?"

The ocean handed Trollex navigation tools and high-fived him.

Trollex put Maui aside as he said, "You are a bad person."

Trollex just responded, "If you can talk, you can teach. Wayfinding. Lesson one. Hit it!"

Mini-Maui gestured him to start teaching.

Maui just said, "Take out the brass."

Trollex took out random objects from the saddlebags, only for Maui to say, "Not the brass. No. Nope. Nope. Nope. Tried that one already."

***

Trollex then raised his hand to the night sky when Echo surfaced to breathe.

Maui said, "You're measuring the stars, not giving the sky a high-five."

***

Maui then said, "If the current's warm, you're going the right way."

Trollex put his hand in the water, "It's cold. Wait! It's getting warmer!"

TBDB looked over, "Uh...Trollex."

*Gasp*

"Aah! That is disgusting! What is wrong with you?! I swear, the sharks have more decency than you!"

Maui just chuckled.