2

The Russian was very confused by all of this. He had never seen any of those things before, and for the way everything was placed, it didn't seem that they were newly acquired items.

Viktor heard a soft noise, and his gaze lowered, only to meet Yuuri's eyes opened in what seemed like pure horror.

"V-vitya! Oh no, no, nonononono..." he glanced at the box Viktor had been looking at mere seconds ago.

"I, uhm..." Viktor spoke, slowly. For the first time since they started dating, the man didn't know what to say to the raven haired male. "I don't understand anything, shit, I guess it is not a good time-"

"It is not what you think." Yuuri's reply came fast, and his voice sounded as he was about to cry.

Viktor sighed.

"Then explain it, Yuuri, because I don't know what all of this is." He gestured to the box and his boyfriend's frame still wrapped in the fuzzy looking blanket. "I found the TV playing some kids show, and the full pack of almond milk out of the fridge, as well as an empty carton thrown on the floor." Viktor had the habit to start rambling whenever he felt nervous, and he was doing it now. "And you have some little kids' things on a secret box while you were sleeping, suckling your thumb."

Yuuri cheeks were cherry red as he stared back at Viktor, his eyes looking sad and watery.

"It's... it's a thing I do sometimes. I set all the stressing adult stuff aside and I feel younger and..." he got up from the bed, trying to approach Viktor when a blue pacifier fell out of his arms and landed right between them.

Viktor held his breath.

He had almost no time to look up at Yuuri. Fat tears were sliding down his chubby cheeks, and before Viktor could say anything, the boy ran down the hall and into the bathroom, slamming the door behind him.

The Russian stood there for two or three seconds, and then he seemed to be able to react. He followed the small whimpering sounds to the bathroom. Viktor opened the door to find Yuuri sitting on the toilet, sobbing openly.

The sight completely shattered Viktor's heart, who went to bend right next to his boyfriend's crying form.

"Yuuri, sweetheart." Viktor said, trying to make his voice sound as soft and loving as possible. "Tell me what's wrong."

Yuuri whimpered, biting his bottom lip. "Are you going to break up with me?"

That took the silver haired man by surprise. He stared up at Yuuri, whose eyes were locked on his hands playing on his lap. Viktor didn't know what had he expected Yuuri's answer to be, but this hadn't been an option.

"What are you talking about?" Viktor said confusion clear on his voice. "What made you think I would break up with you?"

Yuuri raised his shoulders, sniffing cutely. He raised a pawed sweated hand to relocate his blue framed glasses, his big doe eyes looking impossibly red and puffy behind them.

"I-I dunno... Aren't you disgusted?" Yuuri replied, his voice sounding so small and weak, like it could break in any second. "Don't you think I'm weird?"

Viktor wanted nothing more than to get back in time and slap his past self senseless. Whatever Yuuri had been doing was so personal and important to him, enough to hide it from Viktor. It kind of hurt somewhere in the Russian's heart to feel like his lover didn't trust him with his most personal things, but he kind of deserved the pain.

After all, he had been the one who made Yuuri end sobbing in their bathroom, thinking he would break up with him.

Viktor traced patterns on Yuuri's calf with his thumb, feeling the soft skin under his fingers. His boyfriend looked so tiny right now, and Viktor's hoodie swallowing his body didn't help at all.