Chapter 3: Strange masked man

Kokichi's POV

"pfft hahaha! That was incredible!" I exclaimed, flopping onto my couch. I got out the crystal ball in my pocket and stared at it. That was the most fun I've ever had in a while! Daiki is so boring compared to my Shumai!~ I'm so glad he handed me to his son nishishi! I grabbed Shuichi's hat and placed it on top of the crystal ball and placed it on my very special shelf. 

I recalled last night, which seemed like the most wonderful night ever! I still remember the look on the crowds faces when I carried their detective away, it was so amusing! Now this is the rush I wanted, the feeling of adrenaline pumping through my veins as I risk getting caught by the detective I love oh so very much! And that mask I made for him, I hope he liked it! 

it would definitely fit his style, him being emo and all that. My stomach suddenly grumbled, ah I'm hungry! After that heist, I got really tired and forgot to eat last night! I walked over to the fridge, but there was nothing but bottles of panta and a huge box of butter. I guess there was some soup, but it has Club's name on it, and she hates it when I steal her food. 

Gahhh, I don't know how to cook either! I guess I'll go get some takeout somewhere, everyone took the vehicles so I guess I'll just take my bike. I got my bike out and pedaled away from the secret D.I.C.E HQ. Hm, now where should eat?? Should I just stop by at Mcdonalds?

"Yeah, I had to apologise to Korekiyo about the whole incident. I wasn't quick enough" I heard a familiar voice just around the corner. Wait, that voice...doesn't that belong to Shuichi? I looked over to see Shuichi with 3 other people, it really is him! He's going into a coffee shop, I kinda wanna follow and eavesdrop. Hehe, and that's exactly what I'm gonna do nishishi~

I walked into the coffee shop and ordered some coffee and cookies for myself, then I sat at the table behind Shuichi. I listened to them talking about their jobs and childhoods, nothing really interesting. I took a peek at Saihara, and he was wearing my hat! Did he like my hat? Did anyone notice? "Hey, what do you think about the phantom thief now that you're chasing him?" the blonde asked. "Well, he sure is an interesting guy. Phantom is quite mischievous and childish, but he's also very cunning and smart. I can see why he isn't caught yet, and the reason why my dad made me handle him. He's such a hassle" Shuichi explained, playing with the hat on his head.

is that what he thinks of me? I'm just glad he actually acknowledges me! He's not boring at all!
"Phantom...I'm actually glad I met him. I feel all sorts of feelings around that guy, it's actually pretty fun chasing him! But of course, I would never say that straight to his face. I wouldn't want him to know that I enjoy trying to catch him" Shuichi continued. I'm definitely gonna bring that up! "Will you ever catch the phantom thief Shuichi?" the purple haired idiot asked.

"O-of course I will! Why wouldn't I? It's my job!" Shuichi, that was a lie. I grinned, satisfied. I ate all my cookies and picked up my coffee, ready to get out. I think that's enough eavesdropping for today. I walked pass them, but then I tripped on my shoelace. I landed face flat on the floor, life is unfair. I dropped my hot coffee and now it's burning my skin and wetting my clothes. God this is so embarrassing!!

"Oh my gosh are you ok!?" Shuichi asked, holding out hand. I grabbed it and he pulled me up. "Ah, great I'm soaking! Um, thanks for your help!" I thanked him. "Aw, I have no more coffee" I sighed, staring at my soaked clothes. I embarrassed myself in front of Shumai...how despair-inducing!

"U-um, it's not too much but I have these handkerchieves, and I can buy you more coffee!" Shuichi suggested. "Wait, really? you'd do that for me? thank you!!" he gave me his handkerchieves and bought a new cup of coffee for me. Shumai is a really generous person, Shumai is the best!! I sat down next to him and sipped my coffee, it's just how I like it! He has some good taste! 

"Oh right, I haven't introduced myself. I'm Kokichi Ouma! Nice to meet ya!" I introduced myself.
"Nice to meet you Kokichi! I'm Shuichi Saihara!" He introduced himself and his friends, I never thought I'd be talking to him out of my phantom thief outfit. Actually, this could work out! If I become Shumai's friend, I can talk to him and get to know him more without him being on edge all the time! "Wait, so you're the detective everyone has been talking about on the news!? wow!!" I exclaimed, and Shuichi just nodded. 

Haha yes! I have been blessed by Lady Luck! "Hehe...I'm not as lucky as Nagito though..." I mumbled to myself, but it seems that Shuichi heard me. His eyes lit up and he almost spilt his drink. "You watch Danganronpa!?!" he answered to my mumbling.  Woah, huge fanboy alert!! "Yeah, I love Danganronpa! I guess you would love it since you're a detective and all" I snickered. We both geeked out about Danganronpa while Shuichi's friends just sat there, sweat dropping. "My favorite characters from both killing games are Kyoko Kirigiri and Chiaki Nanami! they're just so cool ya know!" Shuichi told me all he knew about his favorite characters.

"Celeste and Nagito are more of my thing Nishishi!~" we gotten pretty close just after that one conversation, I loved talking to him. I should spend more time with him like this, I'll get information if I become his friend! That's all I'll be getting out of him! 

"Hm, that's a neat hat you got there Shuichi! where did you buy it?" I asked him, wondering how he'd respond. "O-oh, this hat? I got it from uh, a person, a very special person. A rival...you could say? yeah, let's just go with that" he stuttered. "Ah, I see!~" I replied. I asked if I could borrow the hat, and Shuichi gave It to me. I got out a piece of paper and wrote my phone number on it, then stuck It inside of the hat. Shuichi was a bit confused, but he shook it off.

My phone started buzzing, I stood up and took the call.

"Hey boss, we got you some dinner!!" I heard Ace talking through the phone. Yay, some food!! "Um, is that all?" I asked. "Oh yeah, and we're robbing a nearby Mcdonalds" Clubs took the phone away from Ace, I could hear her slurping on a frozen drink. 

"Everything is going as planned! it's completely fine!" suddenly, I hear a big explosion on the other side of the street, and a huge debris hit the window of the coffee shop I was in, the Mcdonalds bursted into flames. "It's completely fine huh?" I snickered.

"Oh shut up! we got you Mcdonalds, the least you could do is thank us!" I tried so hard to hold back my laughter while everyone else in the shop were screaming their heads off, it was hilarious! "I think that went pretty well" Ace chuckled as he took a bite of a Big Mac, I could see everything happening outside.  "Anyways, we'll see you at home! baii!~" Clubs ended the call and rushed into her car with Ace. 

"D.I.C.E those troublemakers!" the girl dressed in red yelled in frustration. I think her name was Maki or something like that. "I think it's best for me to go home and not get muddled up with them, see ya!" I ran out of the coffee shop. 

"Hey wait!! Can we hang out soon?!" Shuichi yelled at me. "Sure! Just check inside your hat!" I got on to my bike and pedaled back to the HQ with the others. "oh my gosh, that was so lit!! Literally!" I yelled as I got back. Spade passed me a happy meal and we all enjoyed our food together. Nothing's better than spending time with the fam, except maybe blowing up a Mcdonalds and hanging out with Shumai!~