chapter 4: texting

Shuichi's POV

I sighed as I watched kokichi run away, I looked back and watched as the McDonald's just burnt down. Once again, D.I.C.E has caused trouble. I really should've expected it by now.
I took a peek in the hat just like kokichi said, and there was a number inside. I guess it's Kokichi's, I quickly dialled in the number and saved it.

Shuichi: Um hello, this is Shuichi

Kokichi: Who?

Shuichi: the guy from the coffee shop

Kokichi: ooohhhh it's you!!

Kokichi: Just kidding! I remember you!

Kokichi changed Shuichi into Shumai<3

Kokichi: nishishi~ all fixed

Shumai<3 changed kokichi into grapeboi

Shumai<3: now that that's settled, I gtg do some detective work!

Grapeboi: Aww, already??

Shumai<3: Yeah, I gotta find a way to catch the phantom thief ya know?

Shumai<3: He's very sneaky guy!

Grapeboi: sounds like trouble!

Shumai<3: He's a little bit of a handful ngl

Shumai<3: Welp, I gtg now!

I put my phone in my pocket and walked to the detective agency. As I arrived, I was greeted by everyone in the detective industry. They lead me to my own office where I could work on cases.

I thanked them and they left me to work. I picked up a document about D.I.C.E, they had ten people in their organisation. D.I.C.E used code names that are based on playing cards.
Ace, Spade, Clubs, Diamond, hearts, Bishop, Jack, and rook. They call Phantom the codename "King", it is quite fitting.

I hear yelling from next door, it was my father's voice. What were they talking about? I stood up and put my ear against the wall. They were talking about the Phantom Thief again.

"My Son is fully capable of this responsibility! He needs to learn! Learn that sometimes you need to take these risks" My dad yells.
What risks? Hey, what is he talking about?

"But Daiki, you shouldn't do this to him! He's just a boy!" Someone yelled back.
"Don't address me by my name!" Dad responded angrily.
"We will capture the phantom thief, even if we have to kill him. I'll have my son hold the gun" he continued
"We'll traumatize the poor boy! You're forcing him to murder!"

M-murder...?? There's no way I'm gonna agree to that! My father must be insane to think that I would pull a gun towards a living person, even if it was a criminal! I slowly walked back to my desk, still hearing the words of my father next door.

I hear tapping on the window behind me. I turned my head to see a dove holding a letter, how peculiar. I open the window and the dove flew on-top of my head and dropped the letter, I caught it and stared at it. It had the D.I.C.E logo on it, another heist is coming. I opened it and read it.