chapter 5: Bang!

Shuichi's POV

"Shuichi, it's almost time" my dad said, knocking at my office door.

I sighed and put down a mystery novel down. As I got up, I grabbed that hat phantom gave me. I walked out of the agency, my dad was there waiting for me. There were several bullet proof cars owned by the government.

"What are you waiting for? The Phantom thief could be there any moment!" dad pulled my arm and shoved me into his car.
My dad already figured out everything that was in the letter.
He got in and started the engine, we drove to the art museum.
More specifically, Angie Yonaga's art museum.

She's a talented artist, her creative mind earned her many rewards and prizes when she was just a ten year old. She has owned this famous art museum for 5 years now.

I finally see the art museum in the horizon, I tense up. I remember my father's words, what he said to me back in the agency.
Is this really ok, just killing someone?
He is a criminal, but he's still human. We should just put him behind bars, that's way better than killing him.
My father never acted this irrational before, what does he have against the phantom thief?

The car stopped and we got out, I looked back to see more cars arriving.
How many people do we need?
Everyone had pistols and guns on them, they're very serious about this.
My heart beated harder than it ever did, I.... don't want to do this.

This is just unfair.
I watch as everyone got ready, even news reporters were there ready to film. What do I do?
I really don't want to see another dead body, especially when I'm in on the killing. My dad put his hand on my shoulder and whispered to me.

"Look here son, in this world, sometimes killing is necessary to keep society going" he whispered.
"What kind of FUCKED up logic is that!" Yelled at him.
"Common sense! I only want to protect you from people like him!" He snapped.

Protect? He has barely done anything but steal! Yes he occasionally destroyed buildings, but that's not enough to kill him!
I clenched my fist in anger.
I tried calming myself, taking deep breaths.

"Sir look! He's on the roof!" I look up to see the phantom thief, already holding a statue. I see him pass it to a D.I.C.E member and they ran away.
But, no one went after them.
They only had their guns aimed at the phantom thief.
My dad shoved his gun in my hands and gives me an intimidating glare.
Everyone was shooting their guns at the phantom thief, and they all somehow missed. I can't believe these are the people the government sent.

I looked down at the gun, my hands were shaking. No, this is wrong.
I watch as the men shooting non-stop, the Phantom thief jumped off the roof and onto a moving car, headed to the city.

"Follow him!" My father ordered as everyone got into their cars and followed him. Phantom swiftly jumped onto of the cars in the area like it was nothing.
Everyone whipped out their guns and started shooting once more.
One bullet hit a wheel on a truck and it crashed, they were going to far!
Aren't they considering the lives of other people!?

We entered the city and more cars appeared, the phantom thief just kept jumping and running away.
Our car got closer to him.
"Shuichi, shoot him!" My dad yelled.
We were right behind him.
I rolled the window down and tried shooting, but I was scared.
I shouldn't be doing this. I turned to my dad and gave him the same intimidating glare he gave me.

I got the gun and shot the wheel of our car, making it crash.
"Shuichi! You little piece of shit!" I ran out of the car with the gun, my dad was chasing me. I was tired, but I'm not letting him kill the phantom thief!
My adrenaline started pumping as I ran faster.

I see the phantom thief grab his grappling hook and aiming it at the building. Good, he'll be safe!
He was being pulled up by the grappling hook towards the top of the building.

"Oh no you don't!" My dad pulls me back by my collar and I fall to the floor. He then grabs the gun out of my hand forcefully and aimed it at phantom.

"Son, you have disappointed me" he pulls the trigger and the bullet hits him. "NOO!" i yelled as I watch him fall. I have to catch him!
I get up and run towards his body.
My dad attempts to shoot me, but he had no more bullets left.

"Don't worry, I'm coming!" I yell, I'm not letting him die by the hands of my father! I panicked as he got closer and closer to the ground, what do I do!?!
As he was about to hit the ground, I caught him and we both land in a pile of garbage. I sighed, I'm completely out of breath.

I look at the boy in my hands, checking if he was alright. I shook him and checked if he had any wounds.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
Huh? He... Doesn't have any blood on him! How? He starts coughing and opens his eyes, I think. I can't see under his mask.
". . .S-shumai. .?" He slowly gets up.
"How did you survive?!" I questioned.
He knocks on his stomach, it sounded like something hard.
"Bullet-proof vest, I got it from the last heist nishishi..." He shows me the bullet that was engraved in the vest.
"Were you worried about me?~" he joked, his voice still soft. That fall did some damage to his body, he did hit the building a few times.

"Find the phantom thief's body!" I hear my dad's voice echo throughout the city. I helped the phantom thief up and we found an alleyway to hid in.
After a while, my dad and the others finally gave up and annouced that the phantom thief was dead.
"Ok, I think we're safe" I told him.
As we were about to find another place to hide, we heard a voice out of nowhere.

Thinking that it was another cop, I grabbed Phantom's grappling hook and pulled us up near the roof.
"Phew" I said to myself.
I look below, it wasn't a cop.
It was some shady guy with light green hair. He was on his phone laughing.

I sighed and pulled us up towards the roof, ready to leave. But at that moment, the man said something interesting.
"Yeah, the detective agency and D.I.C.E are about to fall by my hand" he smirks. What is he saying?
I was curious, but we really needed to get to safety.

"Hey, what are you doing with King?" I turned my head to see a girl wearing the D.I.C.E uniform and a mask.
"Calm down hearts, he saved me" the phantom thief spoke.
"Besides, you know what Joker would do to you if you hurt him" he added.
Joker? Who the hell is that? I don't remember seeing that name in the documents.

"We'll have to take him back to HQ" Phantom said, his voice sounded serious. The girl sighed and got out a bat.
"Woah woah woah, what are you doing?!" I exclaimed.
"Chill, I'm just gonna knock you unconcious so you won't know the location of our base" she explained.
"Wait WHAT. Hold up-" she swings her bat and I get knocked out cold.

Kokichi's POV

"Oof, you didn't need to hit him that hard" I said as I poked his face.
"Oh well, it has been done and I can't change that" she carries both of us to the car and we drove to HQ.

Oh Joker, this'll be quite the surprise don't you think?