Moving On

Before this begins, there is a big time skip of 9 years where Steven is now 14 and going through puberty and starting high school. Jerome is 39, and Mitch is 34 years old. Ok? Ok. Lezzgo!

[Steven's PoV]

I was finally starting high school. I know knew things I've never known before. During the summer I found out that I was adopted when I was 3 years old which I kinda figured considering my parents are gay. I've also come to realize that my best friend since before Kindergarden, Kevin, has actually seemed more cuter now and I've come to think of him as more than a friend but I know that he'll never like me back. He is a month older than me and all but it's weird. There's also this boy who's a year younger than me and his name is Jordan and is my parent's friend's kid. I don't know anymore.

The day went by fairly easily. I only got lost three times and I was going to both my dad's old high school but my dad used to work here and made me sign up for the class he used to teach which was Chop Class. I kinda figured.

I met Kevin at the end of the day by his locker. Over the summer, his hair had grown out a bit and was slick black as well as he grew a bit so now he was an inch or two taller than me. 

"Hey Steven." He said in his deep voice.

"Hey Kevin. You ready to go?" I asked.

"Yep. No homework since first day so lezzgo." He replied. I smiled as we walked together towards the door.

"GAY!!" Some older kid shouted. I looked in that direction to see that they were only Sophmore boys but still older and more fierce. Kevin put his arm around my shoulder in a friendly way and flipped them off.

"Don't worry about them Steven. They're just being jags." He said. They were always mean to us. Eddie who's Puerto Rican, Aleks who's Russian, and another Steven, and Anthony. They were always picking on us since we were in 7th grade and they were in 8th but we always ignored them. 8th year was easy since we didn't have them to pick on us but now, now it was different and it all started back up. 

We got to my house in 20 minutes and before I could even get upstairs to my room, my dad called me to the living room.

"Steven! Can you come here please if that's you." My dad called. I rolled my eyes and Kevin laughed.

"Yes dad?" I asked as I walked into the living room.

"How was your first day of school? Any problems?" My dad asked with his arm around my mom/dad's shoulders.

"Nothing much. Just got lost about 3 or 4 times and got called gay by Eddie and them but other than that, everything was fine. My favorite teacher has to be Mr.McNulty who runs Chop Class. You were right though, he's a really good teacher." I said.

"Yeah, he should be considering he was an excellent student. Not as excellent as your father." My dad said. I chuckled and rolled my eyes but kept going.

"Well, I'm gonna go upstairs and play some games with Kevin. See ya later and call us down for dinner." I said as we went upstairs.

"Don't play those kinds of games Steven! Only video games!" He yelled. We both chuckled as we went into my room. I closed the door and turned on my Xbox and handed Kevin one of the wireless controllers.

"Dude, you're so lucky that your parents earn their money from the internet and they can buy you all this cool sh*t. I mean, you have a very powerful computer that can run anything and everything at once, a Xbox with a Kinect, a Wii U, a PlayStation 6. You basically get everything right at launch. I'm so jealous. My dad doesn't have as much subscribers as you and my other dad is a cop so figure that one out." He said. I chuckled as the Xbox started up and we both signed in. We had decided to play some CoD Black Ops.