Battlefield (1)

A couple days later things had seemingly returned to somewhat normal. Damon, Bonnie, and Alaric had returned to Mystic Falls. Only after it took Sadie hours to convince them they had everything under control. They still had to help save Jackson but as for now the school was forcing her, Stiles, and whoever else they though needed it, to go to the counselor. Sadie had faced a lot of things in her life but that didn't mean she ever got used to it. Getting shot had been causing her to lose sleep and become extra paranoid. She had been through so many traumatic experiences she was surprised she wasn't numb to it yet. Almost dying made so many unwanted thoughts resurface in her head. The thought of death in general haunted her at night because of how many people she had witnessed die right in front of her eyes. That list was long and only seemed to keep growing.

"Sadie?"

Ms. Morrell's voice sounded far away, yet she was sitting right in front of her.

"Sorry, what did you ask me again?"

Mrs. Morrell sighed, "Have you talked to your friends since everything that happened?"

Sadie shook her head, "Stiles, yes, Scott, not much. He's got his own problems to deal with right now."

Ever since Melissa saw Scott in wolf form at the station that night she has been avoiding him. He's tried to talk to her about it but she just doesn't know what to say or even think.

"Him and Allison are even on the outs. Pretty sure that's her choice though. Her mom's death hit her really hard, I can't blame her. I know the feeling."

"Maybe you could talk to her? You understand what she's going through."

Sadie sighed, "Yeah... i'm not sure that's the best idea."

Allison wasn't too keen on being friends with the supernatural right now. Even though Sadie was mostly human she didn't think Allison would want to see her.

"Why is that?"

"Just don't think i'm the right person to help her is all."

"What about Jackson? Do you know how he's been?"

Sadie tensed and fidgeted nervously in her seat, "He hasn't really been himself lately. Ironically, Lydia may be the most normal right now."

"What about you, Sadie? You and Matt were becoming closer before everything went down, is that correct?"

Sadie shrugged, "I guess, he was sweet at first, but sweet quickly turned to creepy and obsessive."

"Has the event been giving you any anxiety? paranoia?"

Ms. Morrell seemed to know exactly what eas going on in Sadie's head.

"Nope," Sadie lied, "I'm doing fine. I've got a lot to be thankful for so i'm trying to focus on that. Might even go to the championship game tomorrow."

"Heard it's going to be a good one, do you think we have a shot at winning?"

"I mean, one players dead and another is missing so who knows," Sadie said sarcastically.

"You mean Isaac? One of the three runaways. Have you head from any of them?"

Sadie paused and instead of answering tried to steer the conversation elsewhere, "why aren't you taking any notes?"

"Funny, Stiles asked the same thing."

"What did you tell him?"

"I take my notes after the session. Now back to you. Sadie, how have you really been?"

Sadie sat back in her chair and took a deep breath, "Look, Ms. Morrell, i'm completely fine. I've seen and been through a lot of stuff in my short lifetime and being shot is nothing I can't handle."