Death

//////////Flashback\\\\\\\\\\

"I see your aim still isn't as strong as you'd like," Gisela taunted, grinning. She stunned him with her own melder, then launched two huge blobs of soporidine at Fitz and Sophie's heads. They both ducked, but were too late. The drugs hit them full in the face, knocking them out. Killing them. Without so much as leaving a scratch behind. Keefe felt like screaming, but he couldn't move. "Cool. Catch you later!" Gisela called before leaping away with the rest of the Neverseen. Happy at what she had done. Murder. (A/N That is what my friends will do to me when they read this. fafie65 has given me a death threat)

\\\\\\\\\\End of Flashback//////////

"No. No......"

Sobs rang out through the crowd. Through the Wanderling Woods. Grady and Edaline had lost two daughters now. And her best friend. Though, they had gone... sort of willingly. Died in battle. The Battle of Losses. The losses were great - they'd lost Wraith, Cadoc, Bo, Grizel, and many many more; not to mention the two greatest Telepaths of all time.

Biana was wailing shamelessly. She had the right to. Her best friend and her brother had died. She deserved to grieve. Grady and Edaline too, were crying, but they kept a hold on themselves. They knew Sophie had always wanted to help them cope with what happened to Jolie. They wanted to respect her wishes.

Keefe didn't know what to feel. His mom had killed both Fitz and Sophie. He'd attended the goblins' aurifications, Bo's burial, and now this. He didn't deserve to be sad right now. It was partly his fault. His aim had been off when he shot the melder at Gisela's head. So she'd killed his friends. Logical? Nope.

*****

After Sophie and Fitz had died, their bodies lay motionless on the rocky ground, yet their souls were alive, drifting upwards towards Heaven. They were free to go wherever they wanted.

A week later, they visited their planting. They saw the heartbreaking sight of Grady and Edaline sobbing their hearts out. Sophie whispered in their ears, "Don't worry about me. Don't lose yourselves. Please. Do it for me." They couldn't see her, obviously, but they could hear. They both straightened up and looked straight at the Councillors who were performing the ceremony.

Sophie smiled. She wasn't alive, but was there in spirit.

Fitz saw Biana crying, too. he made his way over, saying, "It's okay. I'm happy."

Biana seemed slightly comforted, but kept on crying.

Fitz was there in spirit, too.

Then Oralie dropped their seeds into the shallow holes in the ground. The two saplings began to grow, faster and faster. When it stopped, it was as tall as Oralie herself. Then Bronte stepped forwards and shattered a green vial of liquid against Sophie's tree, then did the same to Fitz's. Then shards of coloured glass were absorbed into the roots while the liquid was absorbed into the ground around the trees. The flowers instantly began to bloom; Sophie's had several sunflower-golden flowers and Fitz's had several flowers.

But there were still more growing. 

On Fitz's? Chocolate-coloured flowers with scatters of golden ones.

On Sophie's? Teal.

They both sucked in a breath; so did everyone else in the crowd. Apart from Linh. She was wailing. Everyone knew that she'd long had a crush on Fitz, but her feelings hadn't been returned.

Sophie and Fitz hadn't just been best friends, lovers, in life. They were connected in spirit, too.

In soul.

In death.