u n l o c k e d | t h e o r i e s

Sophie's POV

A month had passed. Keefe had yet to recover from his coma. I was getting increasingly worried, and so was the rest of the Black Swan. Even Tam seemed concerned, and that was really something. He'd come over once with Glimmer to check on him, and they'd both done mini "tests", such as the shadowvapor test Keefe had fought so hard to avoid. Tam reported that he had way too much for a normal elf. That was... not too surprising, since he'd briefly gone to join the Neverseen. But that worried me even more.

*

Keefe's POV

Trapped. In this shell. Called oblivion. But not really. I could think. I was somewhere, hovering between sleep and the void of darkness everyone has in the back of their mind, where you retreat sometimes when you can't handle life as it is. I'd slipped in a few times during this coma. Who knew almost dying was so... boring? Like, wow. I guess that was what happened when your beloved, dearest mommy gets a light dude and darkness dude to shoot light and darkness into your brain, melting the chair you're on, and... yeah. That's wonderfully nice, but I'm sure Foster can fix me, right? She's the only elf who can heal broken minds, if she can't heal me I'm screwed. I'll get mom for this. They get to find out who Glimmer is. I'm just... in bed. Frozen. Can't see. Can't hear. Ugh.

Sophie's POV

Elwin says that Keefe will get better. I don't see how he's healing, though. I go to the Healing Center with Fitz every day to see Keefe. He... just lies still, and occasionally mumbles incomprehensible words, doesn't seem better to me. 

Keefe's POV {-dreaming edition-}

Foster is eating cupcakes. Fitz is eating cupcakes. Biana is eating cupcakes. 

Everyone is eating cupcakes.

And then something horrendous happens. 

FOSTER DROPS A CUPCAKE.

NO!

NOT THE CUPCAKES.

SPARE THE CUPCAKES.

SPARE THEIR LIVES. 

Too late. 

Foster heads to the...

bin?!

NO!

NO.

SOPHIE ELIZABETH FOSTER. YOU WILL NOT THROW THE CUPCAKE AWAY.

DON'T. YOU. DARE.

Foster puts the cupcake into the bin.

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO.