𝐢.

[ 4x04 ]

☼     ☽     ♡

The first day at Beacon Hills high school wasn't exactly one that Puck was looking forward to. His classes all sucked so far, and the only thing anyone talked about all day was lacrosse. Puck had always hated lacrosse, but apparently that was the football of Beacon Hills. Probably the only good thing that had happened all day was meeting Imogen Gallagher-West. 

Imogen, or Mojo as she was apparently nicknamed, was an instant friend to Puck. She was witty, and easy-going, and in another universe he might've even thought she was attractive. It wasn't that he didn't think she was pretty, it was just the fact that she wasn't really... his type. Mojo had made him laugh and smile nonstop in their Honors English class. She was smart— so smart that she was in this class, with him and the other juniors, as a freshman. She'd confessed easily that he was the only new friend she'd managed to make all day. 

Puck may have been known for his temper, but he supposed he had a soft spot for smart, sarcastic brunettes. 

Mojo had quickly become like a little sister to him as he walked her to her classes. He listened to her ramble on and on about her moms, and her other classes, and a boy from another school she had a crush on. Puck nodded when appropriate, his resting-bitch-face averting all judging eyes that wandered over to the loud freshman girl, shutting them down instantly. 

By the time she'd finally stopped talking, they reached a classroom that two boys exited. Mojo raced to meet them. Puck had tried to turn to leave, not particularly wanting to befriend any more underclassmen, but Mojo had grabbed hold of his wrist. 

"Liam, Mason! Hey, guys!" 

In the back of his mind, Puck registered a few portions of Mojo's rambling that mentioned the duo. Mason had been her friend since the 4th grade, and Liam was friends with her crush from the other school, Devenford Prep. Mason greeted Mojo happily, but Liam seemed to be distracted by someone on the staircase. 

"Guys, this is Puck! He's in my Honors English, and he's—" 

"Hang on, your name is—" 

"It's a nickname, fresh meat. Got a problem with it?" Puck practically growled at him. 

"—badass is what I was going to say but short-tempered is more accurate," Mojo grinned. 

The other boy was quick to stammer an apology, and, to Puck's amusement, even looked a little flustered. Suddenly, Liam had darted off toward the stairs, where a girl was laying on the floor, presumably having fallen. Mason and Mojo— and, still in her vice grip, Puck— rushed to help as well. Puck caught the last few words of what she was saying, something about a party, but it seemed that no one else heard.