𝐢𝐯.

[ 4x06 ]

☼      ☽      ♡

☼ ☽ ♡

Not minutes after Puck had entered his house, Stiles found himself frantically throwing himself out of his Jeep and at the front door. He'd received a text that Brett was at Deaton's vet, seizing and coughing up yellow foam, and that he and Puck needed to get there ASAP. Nearly jumping out of his skin, the werewolf opened the front door, face tinted with embarrassment. He gave the other boy a look of confusion, but followed him back to the Jeep without question once he explained.

"Dad, I'll be back, something— something came up!" he called through the house as he left.

The two boys sat awkwardly in the Jeep, choosing to ignore what happened between them not ten minutes prior. Stiles had opened and closed his mouth a few times, thinking about commenting on the nearly uncharacteristically sweet gesture, but decided against it. He didn't want to risk upsetting Puck. Instead, he focused on rushing to Deaton's. Upon arrival, immediately, Stiles and Puck rushed to join Derek in holding Brett down.

"What the hell is happening to this kid?!" Stiles said shakily.

"Poisoned by a rare wolfsbane," Deaton told him, circling the table with a scalpel, "I need to make an incision, so you need to hold him as still as possible."

"Hey, Derek, how about a little werewolf strength?" Stiles snarked, struggling to hold him.

"Yeah, I'm not the only one here with werewolf strength," Derek snapped back, "How about you ask your boyfriend to help?"

"He's not my—"

"I'm not his—"

"If you can't hold him still, the incision might kill him," Deaton said pointedly.

Puck gently pushed Stiles back, taking over in holding Brett down. Not as in control, he had to shift to use his true strength, unlike Derek who was able to use his without it. His amber eyes were squeezed shut, struggling against the younger 'wolf, trying not to let his claws dig into his skin. Before Deaton could make the incision, Brett surged forward, knocking Puck back against a table, and Derek the other way. Suddenly, Peter Hale appeared, knocking Brett out with a solid punch. The tall boy crumpled to the ground, the former alpha standing there, satisfied, his glowing blue eyes fading.

"I guess I still have a little werewolf strength myself," he commented dramatically.

Puck rolled his eyes; he'd heard all about Peter Hale, and he didn't trust the man one bit. He ignored the uncle and nephew exchange Derek and Peter had, instead crouching to inspect Brett. Stiles and Deaton joined him a few moments later, after Stiles informed the vet that Brett may not be breathing. Deaton finally made the incision, a puff of yellow smoke exiting the cut. Brett heaved a few labored breaths, coughing.