𝐯𝐢.

[ 4x08, 09, & 10. ]

☼     ☽      ♡

☼     ☽      ♡

"Y'know, it might've been nice to know that we're killing Scott before I show up!" Puck exclaimed grumpily, standing behind Stiles in the morgue. 

"Well maybe if you'd picked up your phone—" 

Puck growled in irritation. Liam glanced over at him. The younger boy had always been curious as to why Puck seemed to act the most 'wolf-y' out of them all; even Scott, their alpha, didn't tend to growl, or anything of the sort, unless fully transformed. He supposed he and Malia were rather similar, but he categorized her differently because for one, she was a girl, and secondly, was technically a coyote. Anyhow, he wondered if Puck had maybe always growled like that, but it just had a more wolf-like tune now. 

The older werewolf was exhausted. He hadn't slept very well since the PSAT incident. Whether it was because he was plagued by nightmares of black sludge and million-dollar bounties, or golden-brown eyes and constellations of moles, he'd never admit to himself. He glared uneasily down at Scott's lifeless body, Melissa McCall still wiping the fake tears from her eyes. Kira's mom, Noshiko, had her place her hand over Scott's heart, and Puck inhaled sharply alongside her, not being able to hear anything. 

"Wait for it," Noshiko said softly. 

With a relieved chuckle, Melissa looked up at her, "Is that enough to keep a werewolf alive?" 

"It is enough for an alpha." 

"How much time do we have?" 

"45 minutes." 

"What happens after that?" 

"I bring him back the same way," Kira assured, stepping forward. 

A beat of silence. "No, I mean what happens if he stays like this longer than 45 minutes," Melissa reiterated. 

The room went quiet, everyone but Puck and Melissa glancing at each other knowingly. 

"No one's told them?" Noshiko said with slight scorn. 

Suddenly worried, Puck repeated Melissa's question. "What? What happens after 45 minutes?" 

"He dies." 

☼      ☽      ♡