𝐢𝐢𝐢.

[ 4x05 ]

☼      ☽      ♡

☼      ☽      ♡

As it turned out, Liam may have needed a little more calming down than Puck. The older teen was currently using his 'wolf strength to shove Liam back against the tile wall of the boys' locker room showers. Scott was helping him, trying to talk the beta, whose fangs gnashed at their arms. Stiles stood back, watching the two new betas carefully— and with more concern when he caught Puck in his view.

"Are you calm?" he asked unhelpfully.

Liam's roar was enough to tell them otherwise, but after one more slam against the tiles, the boy relented. Soaked to the bone with cold water, he panted heavily. Puck fell back against the wall next to Stiles, who sent him a look that asked if he was alright. He gave a quick nod in response, squeezing his eyes shut as Scott interrogated Liam about the things Brett was saying. It wasn't until the trio turned to him inquisitively that he peeled them open.

"What was goin' on with you and that other prep kid?" Stiles asked him.

"Who, Zach?"

At the mention of his name, Puck's eyes flashed gold, letting out a low growl. Stiles instinctively stepped back, making the werewolf retract with guilt for the second time. He hated this— feeling intimidating. He was used to it by now, used to scaring everyone away, but not like this. Sure, he could be an asshole, short-tempered, even a little aggressive, but never to his friends.

Never to Stiles.

He wasn't sure why, but the pale boy brought him a feeling of comfort that seeped into his bones and danced under his skin. He brushed it off, not wanting to dive into his feelings, but he knew it'd bubble up eventually. At least for now he could pretend that none of it mattered because the only reason he and Stiles were even talking to each other was because Scott bit him.

Taking a deep breath, he recounted the tale of why he was out the night Liam attacked him. "I was lookin' for Mojo, and I saw her with this—this guy she'd been crushin' on, I guess. I told her not to drink, but of course that fuc—"

"Language," they all chorused, causing the brunette to glare at them.

"That kid got her a cup. And then I... I saw them leave together, and I was out lookin' for them, because I didn't want her to get taken advantage of or somethin', and—"

"So you were about to rip that boy's throat out because he was flirting with the girl you just met like two days ago? Do you like her?"