United with Fire

Chapter Two

The sound of blasters made Kaden's ears ring harshly as she dodged and maneuvered past Republic troops. Find kenobi. The instructions replayed in her head, and she followed them willingly, intently. Deep inside her, she knew it wasn't what she really wanted, but prying herself from the power of the mind-control gave her pain that nearly killed her, that certainly could kill her. Find Kenobi, and kill him.

Kaden noticed the looks she got through the clone troopers' helmets without shame. Even with their faces hidden, she could sense the fear and confusion inside of them as they looked upon a powerful enemy that had once fought alongside them. Surely, the Republic had no idea that Kaden's mind was not her own, and surely, they would do whatever they could to stop her.

One trooper had mustered quite a bit of courage, jumping towards Kaden, his blaster lifted and aimed directly at her. The gesture struck a chord in Kaden, as she caught the clone mid air, and using the force, sent him flying back into the crowd of soldiers, creating a path one might have described as the parting red seas. Satisfied with the road she had paved, Kaden stepped over the bodies mercilessly, noticing that the other clone troopers- the ones that still stood- stepped aside and tried to avoid her focused gaze.

"Very good, my apprentice," she heard in her earpiece, the low and rumbling voice of Count Dooku. "Kenobi is ahead, inside of his ship trying to track coordinates of our prisons. Find him."

"Yes master." The words hurt her for that moment, but they spilled from her lips so easily, regardless of that pain.

Ahead on the desert planet in which they fought, Kaden spotted a rebel ship that made her mind whirr intently. She could feel it; Obi Wan was there.

The battle continued around her, clone troopers attacking and fleeing from her path at random, each one getting to meet a terrible fate when they tried. No one was going to ruin Kaden's mission, and no one was going to keep her from finding Obi Wan.

A large rebel ship, different from the usual red and grey flagship that belonged to Obi Wan, stood in the back of the battle, far enough so that the blasters would not damage it too much. When Kaden approached it, she easily forced the conveyor of the ship down, allowing her to enter it with ease. The smell was familiar, the surroundings were familiar, and when the entrance to the ship closed behind her, Kaden was taken by surprise to feel a small part of her jump, a voice in her head speaking to her. Drop your orders. The voice was her own. It brought a feeling of doubt to her heart, making her feel heavy, making Kaden feel as if something wasn't right.

She shook off the unusual blockage to her orders, and headed towards the main control room of the ship. "Good, my apprentice. You're almost there." Dooku's voice drew her back into her mission.

As she turned the corner of the ship, a small figure became visible to her, crouching over the controls of the ship. He was in his usual tan robes, but this time decorated with white battle armour she had never seen. His chestnut hair was groomed, though messy from the fight. She couldn't see his face, but something in Kaden told her not to focus on it when she did. Without another thought, she ignited her saber, a red glow spilling over the room. The figure, Obi Wan Kenobi, didn't flinch.

"I was warned that you were coming for me, Kaden." Obi Wan's voice shot through her like an unexpected gust of wind, the accent she remembered so dearly striking a chord inside of her. A large click ignited in her headset at the thought, trying to snap her back to focus. "I didn't believe it when they told me you turned." Don't let Dooku control you. This is your chance.

"I couldn't believe it when you let them leave with me," Kaden spat, uncontrollably. The anger filled her to her bones, and she knew her eyes were glowing a yellow color that they usually did not. Only at these times, in her passion-filled darkness, did they ignite the color so fierce.