New Beginnings

Chapter Three

The ride back to Coruscant was mostly quiet. Obiwan piloted the ship and Kaden next to him quietly, still shaking slightly. She felt cold and sick, ready to puke at any moment. A forehead lined with sweat partnered with the aching headache she felt. As much as she was happy to have taken off the headpiece, it had affected her- made her weak to be without it.

Every few minutes, Obi Wan would glance at Kaden and study her to make sure she was alright. He hated how weak she looked; it wasn't the Kaden he was used to. Every bone in his body hoped for her to gain her strength, to relax, to get the medical attention she severely needed. The gesture didn't go unnoticed, earning a response from Kaden around the fifth time.

"Don't worry about me," she told him, keeping her eyes focused on the stars ahead of her. "I'm just a little weak, I'll be fine."

"If you start to feel any worse, tell me." His voice drew her into his eye contact and she met the familiar grey eyes with ease, and Kaden nodded. Heaviness and bliss settled into their mutual stare, though the duration was short enough to not be awkward.

O[\\\\\\(O):::<=======================

The Jedi sitting within the council had gasped at the sight of Kaden, the lost jedi. Soon after revealing the metal headpiece that had been controlling her, trust in her had built. Doubts still sprung within the room, but it was decided that Kaden would stay in her old quarters for a while, supervised by Obi Wan.

"Trust you fully, we cannot do. Stay with Master Kenobi's supervision, you will." Yoda had made this statement clear to Kaden. Though it filled her with disappointment, she understood fully. Being allowed to stay in the temple was far more than she had imagined she would be permitted to do. She had expected to be sent to the lower depths of Coruscant, away from the jedi temple and stripped of her ranks. Yet here she was, standing amongst her old masters, forgiveness granted.

"I understand, Master." She bowed her head. "Still — I cannot thank you enough for allowing me to stay."

"Master Kalifa had been killed serving the Jedi Order. In the hands of an old friend, we believe you'll be able to find solace." Master Windu had spoken up. Kaden's heart dropped at the notion of losing her master, even if she had only trained with Kalifa for a short amount of time before her capture. She sucked in a breath, and bowed her head. "Obi Wan will resume your training in the morning to help you to become reacclimated to the Jedi way."

She thanked the council once more, and Obi Wan nodded his head quickly to her, following her out of the council hall, his hand lightly placed on the small of her back.

Walking the halls of the Jedi Temple was an experience far more emotional than Kaden had expected. Just being there, just smelling it's familiar pleasant odor brought her more peace than she had known in years. Obi Wan noticed Kaden's bliss, and remained quiet, allowing her to enjoy the experience in bliss. Regardless of the dried blood, and the filth she was scattered in, Kaden was radiating light.

When the pair had reached the padawan Jedi quarters, she stopped in front of the door she had once known to be hers. Etching her hands against the door framing sadly, she closed her eyes to bring in the familiar atmosphere. "I'm sorry, it belongs to a new padawan now," Obi Wan spoke gently. "Come on, you'll be staying in my quarters with me until the council fully trusts you again."

This action confused Kaden. How would allowing two Jedi so close together be a safe way to learn to trust her again? Though it was strange, the idea of staying with her closest friend brought Kaden immense comfort. Following Obi Wan silently, they reached a room tucked away in a small corner of the Knights' Billet.