Tasting Darkness

Chapter Four

~Flashback~

It was unlike them to decide to practice their form together in the training hall of the Jedi temple, but the rainy weather had prevented them from doing anything otherwise. Both still padawans, Obi Wan and Kaden were desperate to keep their skills improving rapidly. If they could practice without the supervision of their masters, there was a chance for them both to succeed faster, and increase their rank with diligence.

Kaden had taken off her robe, removing the waist tie to wrap securely around her eyes. "Am I that hard to look at?" Obi Wan's snarky voice sounded in the room, Kaden chuckling quietly. She heard his lightsaber buzz to life, the sound echoing across the room from her. She ignited her saber, charging toward the sound, spinning in the air and landing her weapon perfectly against Obi Wan's saber.

The two danced across the room, flipping and jumping around in a manner almost angelic. It was not a common practice for the two to rehearse their lightsaber forms with one another, but they both couldn't help feeling as though their synced techniques just made sense.

"You seem to be a bit predictable," she cooed, as Obi Wan backed away, "and I'd rather not see it in your eyes. I'd rather have a challenge."

"You're a whole lot of talk, Kaden." She swung around to meet his saber again, but this time it was not where she expected it to be. She felt Obi Wan's hand on her waist from behind, his saber sneaking up in front of her neck as he pulled her body up close to his. She drew in her saber, despite her defeat, feeling more than satisfied.

"I just know how to get you wound up," she remarked. Obi Wan drew in his saber, and grumbled. She turned to face him, sensing a great deal of confusion in him. His face looked focused, but his eyes kept slowly darting down to look at Kaden's lips. "Don't I, Kenobi?"

"If I could deny that, I would. But I don't like to make a habit of lying." His voice was incredibly soothing, taking on a rasp that Kaden had never heard before. Now, his eyes had fixed on her lips, committing to the action. She stepped closer to him, the two of them dropping their lightsabers to the training room floor.

"How about breaking the code, do you have a habit of that?" Kaden whispered, becoming intoxicated with the feeling of his face so close to her own. Her comment had struck a chord with him, causing the jedi to grab her waist tightly, and pull her up against her body. The force of his actions caused Kaden to lose balance, bringing her hands over his shoulders to steady herself.

"Don't tempt me." His words danced nearly across her own lips, they were so close, just barely touching. He hovered there over her, lips beginning to touch, but so slightly, hovering there tauntingly. Kaden and Obi Wan's desperate and wound up breaths made their mindsets more than clear to one another.

At that moment, it had happened once again. Kaden felt Obi Wan, really felt his presence in the force engulf her mind, and she opened up hers to him fully. They both hummed, taken aback by the unusual, yet slight familiar feeling. Obi Wan's mental presence was there, inside of her, as she was in him. It made Kaden feel whole, having Obi Wan in her head was intoxicating, and she never wanted it to leave.

"Please", Kaden called to him through the force, taking the back of his head tightly, becoming impatient with his teasing. Obi Wan responded to her call, gripping his hold on her tighter. It was at that moment a knock on the door sounded, causing both Jedi to propel away from one another, forced to deal with the agony they had caused for one another, while they allowed the waiting younglings to enter the room.

~End of Flashback~

Practicing for hours on end had brought Kaden to an edge. At first, the notion of swinging her blade in controlled manners once again made her excited. But once her sith blade hummed to life, she couldn't help but feel immense guilt, stress, and overall unpleasant memories flood through her. She had tried her best to conceal these feelings, but they had leaked into an attitude, and Obi Wan had noticed.