Reflections

The song up there is just a recommendation, ya know? The pic looked cute : )

Hmm. Yeah I know I've left out some details. I'm going to try and explain as much as possible in this chapter. Of course I can't please everybody and there's a good chance you'll still have questions. Oh well. Can't win 'em all.

Annabeth's POV

I watched Luke while he rested, wondering if he'd ever get better. Caring for a person like this was not something I was used to. Well yeah, there was that one time I got Percy back on his feet after his fight with the Minotaur, but Percy wasn't bed ridden for a year.

The day I met Percy was the day things started to go wrong. He was given a quest to find the master bolt, which I'd helped Luke steal in the first place. Luke asked me to make sure Percy didn't find the bolt.

-^-

"Well," Luke said. "I think the hellhound left Chiron sufficiently rattled. Percy will get a quest for sure."

"To find the bolt that we stole!" I reminded him.

"Minor detail," Luke replied confidently. "The point is when Percy gets a quest you need to go with him."

I frowned. I mean yeah, I'd been waiting my whole life for a quest, but a quest to catch myself as a lightning thief. It was, in its own way, suicidal. Of course, the logical brain of mine reminded me that many believed stealing Zeus's bolt in the first place was suicidal. But hey, he turned Thalia into a tree! Zeus deserved to lose his favorite toy.

"Why?" I asked.

"So you can make sure he fails," Luke said.

I thought it out, and figured it was a good plan. Even though Percy had kelp for brains and could barely handle the Minotaur, there was a chance he could succeed. If I was there, I could make sure he failed. I have to admit, if I didn't know any better I'd think Luke was a child of Athena.

I did my best, but the freaking son of Poseidon ruined everything. Luke had told me he had to leave, because Percy was going to find out the truth or something. That night was awful.

"I have to go Annabeth," Luke told me flatly.

"What?" I cried, astounded. "Luke, I know you almost got caught but you can't just leave."

"I had a secluded chat with the Oracle," Luke informed me. That's when I knew things were serious. Luke's mom had gone insane trying to become an Oracle. Luke would never go to the Oracle unless things were really, really bad. 

"Percy's going to learn that I serve Kronos very soon," Luke continued.

"What about me?" I asked. If Percy knew Luke was with the Titans, then he must know that I am too.

"No," Luke reassured. "He'll be clueless until the end. But only about you."

"If you're leaving, I'm coming too," I stated firmly. I wasn't about to lose Luke.

"You have to stay Annabeth. You can work from the inside, gather information," Luke said.

"You've already got Silena for that," I reminded him.Luke looked away, and from the look in his eyes I knew I wasn't going to be going with him.

"Silena won't work out. She's too emotional. But you, Annabeth, you could fool them all. You could do what no one else can."

I sighed. I knew he was right. I still didn't like it.

"If I do this," I said, giving in, "odds are we're going to face each other, as enemies."

"I know," was Luke's only response.

"Then how will I know when to drop the charade and help?" I asked.

Luke smiled at me and winked. "Trust me Annabeth, you'll know." 

I swallowed and managed an "Okay".

For years I held my act together. I became Percy's friend, gained his trust. There was even a few times where we saved each other's lives. Don't get me wrong though, I had not gone soft on Percy. I was just making sure Kronos' only chance to control the prophecy wasn't lost. Nico showed up too, but sadly Luke and Kronos both agreed that he was too young, and so Percy still lived. But then came that fateful day. The day Kronos assumed his true form.

I saw Percy slash, and saw I line of blood appear on Luke's skin. Oh no. I thought. If Percy hit Luke's weak spot...

"Jackson..." I heard Luke and Kronos say at the same time.

Percy raised his sword, ready to finish off Luke. Not on your life Jackson. I thought. 

"NO!" I screamed. I lunged, aiming for the small of Percy's back. I admit a part of me felt bad about betraying Percy like that. I mean, he'd trusted me with his weak spot and there I was using it against him. That probably hurt him. But apparently, the scratch my knife gave him hurt even more.

He cried out in pain and fell to the floor. Before he could get back up, I stabbed my knife into his chest and left it there. 

Percy. After everything we'd been through, it was hard to forget him, even if he'd almost killed Luke. Not to mention his old sword Riptide still hung from my belt, both a constant reminder of him and a replacement weapon after I'd lost my knife.

Luke began to stir, moaning something I couldn't understand. I watched him, making sure nothing was wrong. Again he moaned. I only caught the end of what he said.

"...erseus," Luke opened his eyes.

"Annabeth..." Luke said, "there's something I need to tell you. It's about–"

-^-

I didn't hear the rest of his sentence, because at that moment a powerful voice called out, "Chase! Get your ass in here!"

I cursed under my breath and walked into the throne room of Kronos, remembering my other job.

In addition to nursing Luke back to health, I also had to tend the hearth of Kronos. Sometimes I wondered if we really were better off with the gods.

Percy's POV

I stared out at the horizon. Somewhere across this ocean was America. That's where I was headed. Back to the world which was now ruled by the Titans. I felt a little bad about leaving Ogygia. Not just that I was leaving Calypso, but I was betraying my dad in a way. Calypso had told me that my dad's last act as a free god was sending me to Ogygia, where I would be safe. Now I was leaving, and heading straight for the danger Poseidon had desperately tried to protect me from. I'm sure he wouldn't mind too much though, once I rescued him.

For now, I could only wonder why all this had happened to me. Why did I have to trust all the wrong people? Ethan, Luke, and...her. They'd all betrayed me. Stabbed me in the back, some of them literally.

I clutched my Celestial bronze knife. The very same knife she'd stabbed into my chest. The knife that Luke had given to her, and then she had–albeit violently–given to me.

I will save Olympus. I decided in my head. Even if I have to rebuild it brick by brick.

The shoreline of New York state came into view. I gripped my knife even tighter. Maybe Calypso was right. Maybe I shouldn't have come. At the very least, I should've waited until I was fully healed. Damn my ADHD. I just couldn't sit and wait could I?

Well this is where it gets interesting. Action heats up. Annabeth questions her choice. Luke makes a plot. And soon Percy will grow more powerful with each passing chapter. But until then, you'll have to settle with what I've posted so far. REVIEW! But yeah I already know my characters aren't perfectly in character, but give me a break I'm not Rick and I'm doing what I can, which isn't much.