Rewards

Due to the over whelming number of death threats, I would just like to clarify one thing... PERCY ISN'T DEAD! Don't believe me? Read this chapter and see for yourself. 

Am I dead? No Charon wasn't laughing at me for getting myself killed. Then where was I? I couldn't think about it much, because I lost consciousness again.

~*~'~*~

When I woke up again, the first thing I saw was Annabeth sitting in a nearby chair, asleep. When I started to come to, I realized she wasn't the only one here. Grover was there too, leaning against the wall, playing a sad song on the reed pipes. I was in the infirmary, felling like crap. I managed a weak groan. Grover's eyes went wide as dinner plates, and he started shouting.

"He's awake! Guys! Guys! Come quick he's awake!" he shouted.

Annabeth stirred. "Don't joke like that Grover, it's just cruel."

"Annabeth I'm serious this time, look!" he insisted.

She opened her eyes and looked at me. I managed a smile. She shot up out of her chair and pulled me into a sitting position so she could hug me. The hug was so tight for a second I thought she was Tyson.

"I thought you were dead," Annabeth told me sadly, yet a huge smile was on her face.

She stepped back as other people entered the infirmary. Tyson, Poseidon, Thalia, Nico, Travis, Luke, Clarisse, Chris, Zeus, Hades, Hermes and Athena all walked in. A lot of them looked like they hadn't gotten much sleep, except for the select few and the gods who weren't my father.

"PERCY!" Tyson shouted. And when he hugged me, I was reminded what a true bear hug was.

"Careful Tyson, we don't want him busted after he just woke up," Thalia joked.

"I dunno," Clarisse mused. "I kinda want him busted up again. He didn't talk as much."

"Why are you so evil?" Thalia asked.

"Why did you start stuffing your clothes?" Clarisse countered.

"Will you two can it?" Nico asked. "You're giving me a headache."

"Good," Thalia laughed.

After a lot of 'you're okay's and you're a lucky man Jackson's', most of them left. But Poseidon and Annabeth stayed, and Athena stood at the doorway, not leaving, but not quite staying either.

"Well Seaweed Brain, you did it," Annabeth said. Tears started to form in her eyes.

"You're not going to cry are you?" I asked.

"Pft, I'm done crying. I think I'd rather do this," she told me.

The kiss lasted about half a second before our parents cleared their throats. We pulled apart, both blushing.

"I'm very proud of you Percy. It is an honor to call you my son," Poseidon told me.

I smiled, realizing I'd just given my dad eternal bragging rights for siring the greatest hero of all time. Not even Zeus's son Hercules could touch me. I told my dad this, and he laughed.

"I guess you're right. I did pretty awesome...with you didn't I?" he joked.

"He had some help," Athena put in.

"Well, I suppose your daughter did alright too," Poseidon submitted.

"Alright?" Annabeth asked.

Annabeth and her mother both gave Poseidon the feared I'm-going-to-kill-you-slowly-and-painfully look. My father caved completely.

"Oh alright the girl did exceptional," he praised.