Total War Part 2

So, last chapter we saw how things were going for Annabeth and the others: Poorly. 

How's Percy doing? I'll get to that...eventually. 

Any day now the sequel is due to come out.

 Now, if you'll excuse me, I've got a six-hundred foot tall crazed baker with a zombie army to annihilate, so I'll just give you this chapter and be gone. 

We had caught the Titan forces by surprise, but we were soon forced back along with the rest of the rebellion. Another pod slammed into the dome, and out of it slithered a fire breathing dragon. Instead of going for us, it slithered toward the greenhouse dome.

"Grover!" I shouted, hoping he could hear me.

"What?" he called without seeing me.

"Take care of the dragon, I'll cover you!" I shouted, even though I still couldn't see him in the chaos of the battle.

The dragon entered the greenhouse, with Grover hot on his trail. I followed, keeping enemy troops off of him. By the time I followed Grover into the greenhouse, several trees were already ablaze.

Grover held up his shield just in time to save him self from becoming barbecue. I jumped onto the dragon's back and stabbed Riptide into its hide. It reeled back and shook me off. Grover saw me clearly for the first time, and lowered his shield.

"Annabeth?" he asked.

"Long story. DUCK!" I yelled.

He reacted just in time, narrowly avoiding more dragon flames. Riptide reappeared in my hands, so I resumed my attack. Aiming for chinks in the dragon's armor. While I went on offensive, Grover helped by keeping the dragon focused on him. Soon the dragon keeled over dead, and Grover lowered his smoking shield. Around us, trees were still burning.

"Any ideas on how to put the fires out?" I asked.

"When did you get here? Why are you here?" Grover asked.

"Not helping Grover," I reminded him.

"Oh, right. Well we could...uh..." but he didn't have any ideas.

That's when Ares crashed through the dome, and water poured in. The trees were doused, but now we were going to drown. Not exactly how I planned to die. We waded through the water, scrambling for the exit. I had to lug Ares. Together, we made it to the training dome, along with the rest of the rebellion. We were still being pushed back.

Before long, we were backed up against the entrance to the command dome. Rebels fell down everywhere, and monsters turned to dust. I wasn't sure how I was still alive. Our archers were scourging for arrows now. We didn't have any reinforcements coming, where as the Titans were receiving fresh troops with every boarding pod.

"Light 'em up!" someone shouted, and suddenly the Titan forces were retreating. I turned to see the depowered gods charging out. Zeus held a sword that crackled with electricity. Hades wielded a double-edged sword of Stygian iron. Hermes was wading through the enemy with two razor sharp knives. Hephaestus had a giant shield and flaming sword.

They were awe inspiring. They drove the enemy back, and the rest of our forces attacked with renewed life.

Zeus was spinning, slicing, zapping and frying every monster within range of his fury. Hades was gliding across the battlefield like a living shadow. Hermes was bouncing around like pinball, and I didn't even see him strike, but suddenly a bunch of monsters burst into dust, and I know Hermes had done all that. Hephaestus held back the few brave enemy troops while the rest of the rebellion retreated in to the command dome. As soon as I was sure I wouldn't be killed, I ran for the command dome. All we could do now was hold out while Percy fought Kronos.