Heading Out

You guys still want that Percy/Annabeth chat. It still might have to wait. Don't kill me if it's not in this chapter, I'll get to it! 

So we've hit eleven chapters. This is cool. The ending of this story will leave you with closure but craving more. The ending of the sequel will leave you heartbroken. Buckle up, because by reading this story, you've unwillingly committed to a long, bumpy, and ultimately wonderful ride.

I woke up pretty early the next morning, but Apollo was still up earlier, watching the sunrise. I waked over and sat down next to him.

"Hey thanks back there," I said

"For what?" he asked.

"Well where do I start? You and you're sis saved my life, and let's not forget how you healed me," I reminded him.

"You're still the hero here Percy," he told me.

"How do you know?" I asked. He gave me an incredulous look.

"Right," I said. "God of prophecy and all."

Apollo nodded, and then smiled. Uh-oh. "And music. And poetry. Which reminds me–"

"I'm gonna go check up on everyone else," I interrupted.

The look on Apollo's face said suit yourself. Hades and Hera had unintentionally snuggled into each other for warmth. Hermes lay asleep under a tree, alone. Dionysus was passed out in the middle of camp, still clutching an empty flask that smelled suspiciously of grapes. Demeter was lying in the grass looking perfectly content aside from the scar on her face. It took me a while to find Ares and Aphrodite because they wandered off to, uh, talk. Artemis had left earlier, gone to catch breakfast.

I was wondering how Apollo and Artemis would react to me asking for their powers. I wasn't sure about Apollo, but I was pretty sure I'd get a big no from Artemis. She hates guys, and unless I had this gender thing all wrong, I was in fact a guy.

I set that matter aside and thought about how I was going to get to Typhon's Prison. I had no idea how to get there, and Oceanus would just rip us apart the moment we hit the sea. All I knew was Typhon's Prison was somewhere at the bottom of the ocean. That narrowed it down didn't it? I know where it is. 

I jumped at the sound of that voice in my head. Female, regal, and know-it-all. Athena? 

Wonderful he remembers my name. She responded.

How do you know where Typhon's Prison is? I asked.

Because I'm standing in it right now. My head spun. Athena had gone missing the day the other gods were imprisoned. Now I was hearing her voice in my head and she was telling me she could help me.

Where is it? Somehow I knew things wouldn't be this easy. There was a catch. Dealing with gods always had a catch.

I will tell you, on one condition. Told you. You will use the same raft you used to get back to America, but you must expand it. You must add a rear wing to the raft. You are to not go into the rear wing under any circumstances until you reach Typhon's Prison. Understand?

Yes mom. I thought sarcastically. 

Not yet I'm not Jackson. I'm not, yet.

That was the end of my conversation with the wisdom goddess. So I had to build a rear wing to the raft I'd used to get here. There were a few problems with that. It was a raft. If I was going to add a rear wing, I'd first have to make a front one. Athena basically wanted me to turn the raft into a boat with two separate wings below deck. That should be easy. No, the hard part would be getting to the raft, which I'd left in New York harbor at the opposite end of the country.