Total War Part 1

This is it. Percy will fight Kronos. Luke will hold off an army. Annabeth and the rebellion will fight to the last man to keep Typhon secure. There will be loss. There will be pain. There... Will... Be... War!

I woke up to the sound of sirens. Not the Sirens, but blaring warning sirens accompanied by flashing red lights. People were scrambling all around me, yelling all kinds of stuff I didn't have the attention span to listen to.

"What the Hades is going on?" I asked one mortal rebel.

"The Titan fleet was spotted in the sea of monsters. The entire fleet. They've found us," he said grimly.

"Oh," was my intelligent response.

I ran to the command dome where Athena and the other gods were. They were all working frantically to help the others. Athena was in the center of it all, shouting orders to everyone.

"Poseidon, see what you can do about those boarding pods!" she shouted.

My dad nodded and ran off the deployment/living area dome.

"Ares, you're with the vanguard, I want as many of the enemy destroyed as possible before they reach us!"

"On it!" he responded as he donned underwater equipment.

"Apollo! Artemis! Get outside and back up the defense turrets."

The twin archers nodded and donned their equipment.

"Athena, what's going on?" I yelled.

She turned toward me. "Percy? What are you still doing here? We're running out of time. You need to engage Kronos, now!"

"What about the army?" I asked. "I can help."

"Your fight isn't here Percy," she insisted. "Now go! We'll hold them off as long as we can!"

I realized she said hold off, not win. They couldn't win this fight. They needed me to help. But they also needed me to defeat Kronos, and if his army was here, then he was all alone.

I nodded and headed for the deployment dome. I exited Typhon's Prison and swam for the surface, blasting a few Titan ship/subs to bits on my way. 

When I emerged, a ship that hadn't dived yet aimed its cannons at me. The gunners were about to open fire when they were killed by...Luke?

"Get going Percy!" he shouted. "We'll take care of things here!"

So Luke was with me too. I thought.

Ordinarily I'd be angry with Luke for daring to show his face, but at the moment I was just glad my friends had more help. And if Luke was willing to fight to the last breath like every other rebellion member, he'd make a good asset. Taking to the skies with the power of Zeus, I flew off for Mount Othrys.

Annabeth's POV

I heard Athena call my name. I ran over to her, wondering what she wanted.

"Annabeth, you're leading the vanguard," she told me.

My eyes widened. "What?"

"You're leading the vanguard, now move! The others are waiting," she told me.

I was confused, but I took off, donning a suit of underwater gear as I ran. I met up with the rest of the vanguard, which consisted of Clarisse, Chris, Thalia, Nico, Ares, Travis, and Tyson. When they saw me, their eyes widened.

"What are you doing here traitor?" Clarisse asked.

"Leading the vanguard," I said matter-of-factly. "Athena's orders. Got a problem with that Clarisse?"