Chapter 4: To the Capital

Without thinking my hand slammed the table causing a loud thud that created a huge crack on it as it collapsed.

" Did something happen to her?! " I could care less what rank in nobility my mother Isabella is. ' I must know if she's safe '

" Y-young miss, it's not what you think. Please calm down first and let me finish. " The Head of the Knights answered as he tries to calm me down.

" Knight, tell me your name. "

" D-daniel. My name is Daniel Oxtéus young miss. "

" Well then Daniel, tell us the whole situation. Don't you dare leave nothing behind. " I said as I stared straight in his eyes. My eyes are probably glowing now that I let my aura loose as it increased the pressure in my every word.

" You don't want to experience what you experienced last time when you came here now would you? " I added with a smirk to remind him of the former event since my mother would've told them that I was the one who casted that spell on them.

" Y-yes miss. I-I'll tell you everything that I know! "

Daniel told me that my mother has instructed that he must urgently bring me back to the Capital. I didn't think that this matter is that simple so I asked Daniel about the current situation inside the house and all the things he knew about my mother.

" So you're telling me that my mother wants to bring me back to the Capital because she suspects that her heir isn't her child? "

" Y-yes. Young miss your eyes why is it that you're crying in blood? " Daniel asked in a trembling voice.

" Didn't you notice your surroundings? " I said as he looked around nervously and noticed that the people around us including my parents are motionless.

" This is the price one must pay if one stops time. " I said.

" H-how?? T-this is impossible! "

" Daniel, you must swear an oath to be my subservient. "

After our talk, I made everything went back to normal since I can't ruin my child image to my parents after all. From this moment on, Daniel became my slave and his life is now in my hands.

I know that my mother Isabella told them to bring me along with them back to the Capital but I needed time to think things through and come up with some strategy since I'm going to deal with the Count's daughter who is mother Isabella's wife. For now, Daniel will be my eyes and ears to the Duchy Manor and will gather intel from his fellow Knights.

" Althea, won't you really go with them? It seems really urgent. " My mother Lucia worriedly asked me since I sent my mother Isabella's Knights back.

" I have my own reasons for doing so mother, you don't have to worry. " I said as I hug her to ease her worry and smiled brightly.

' I intend to go to the Capital because it is the fastest way for me to get the informations that I need about the other races and mana beasts in this world since the small library of this city can only help me a little. It's also a way for me to tell my mother Isabella that I don't intend to be used as a pawn and that I have my own reasons for coming along. I also wanna see the difference between how this world's government runs differently than my previous life. '

After the talk with my parents, I went back to my room. I cough out the blood I've been helding in as I cried in bloody tears again. One truly cannot go against nature.

' I shouldn't use time magic anymore. ' I thought as I lean against the wall and closed my eyes, letting my regenerative ability heal me.

After 5 days has passed, is the only time I decided that I should set off to the Capital because during those days is the only time that I learned how to do summoning magic and was successful in summoning a familiar. I also made defensive artifacts for my parents to protect them.

" Take care of yourself Althea, don't worry about us. Your father and I have been expecting this to happen when your mother Isabella visited us before. We we're thankful that she is kind enough to let you stay with us for a couple more years. Remember that we both love and treasure you always and that you can always call this place home. " My mother said as she started to cry.

" Here are few pieces of gold that I have saved up since your birth. I know that your mother Isabella will be providing everything that you and that this isn't much compared to what she can give you but we as your parents still wants to give this to you. Take care of yourself and remember that even if I wasn't your real father, I treat you like my own daughter. No matter what happens to you in the Capital, this house will always welcome you back. "

" Why are you both like this? It's not like I'm leaving forever. Besides writing back letters to update you both, I plan to come and visit every three months. " I said as I hug both of my parents.

" I love you mom and dad. I will do my best to be your pride and joy. "

Our city doesn't have the luxury of having a Teleportation Gate and the closest city which has one would take me two days to travel by foot. I could ride a public carriage but I'll miss the opportunity of getting more stronger so I just bought a map and traveled by foot.

After 1 day of traveling, I encountered a few mana beasts but sadly it's not enough to level me up. Also, I haven't learned any utility spell yet so I'm itching to take a bath.

When I finally smell a scent of fresh water I quickly went to the direction where it's coming. As I got nearer, I began to hear some water softly drizzling onto the rocks. ' Waterfalls! ' I screamed internally in delight.

I quickened my pace more and once I got the full view of it I became in awe of it's natural beauty.

The waterfall was Atlantis blue and looks so magical. It was flowing down into the pool like a gigantic water spout and the rest of the pool was as clear as cellophane, enabling one to see into the rocky bottom.

I was about to peel off my clothes when suddenly a giant water serpent revealed itself about to sneak attack on a girl who is bathing in the pool that has long silvery hair which cascaded down her back. ' How come I didn't noticed her presence? ' I wonder.

' Wait! She's about to get eaten by that serpent! I must do something to save her first! '

( " Activating the skill Thunder Steps! " )