prologue

the beginning

kim hyojin stood at the edge of her grandmother's bed, tears forming in her eyes. she stared down at the wrinkled piece of paper in her hand, a list.

the small note at the top was written in her grandmother's shaky handwriting.

dear hyojin-ah,

when i am gone, promise me you will reconnect with these old friends. bring them here and remember past memories of me and your new home.

- huang renjun , huang xiumei

- lee haerin , lee donghyuck

- na jaemin

-park jisung

your cousin jeno will have received my invitation by the time i am gone.

she had begun planning her grandmother's funeral two days ago, but she figured it was time to call up some of her old friends.

Huang Renjun

renjun-ah? it's hyo. grandmother has passed away and i was wondering if uhm, you and mei could make it to the funeral.

grandmother left the estate to me and i would love it if you could come stay here, like old times?

that's great, i'll see you in three days.

Lee Haerin

rin? oh yes, it's me hyo. i don't know if you've heard but grandmother passed away two days ago and i was hoping if you and hyuck could make it to the funeral.

yes, you two are welcome to stay for as long as you need. i really miss you guys too.

Na Jaemin

jaemin hi. i know i just called you the other day but i was hoping you could attend the funeral. you meant a lot to grandmother and it would mean the world to me if you could.

yes you can bring baebae, and you are welcome to stay at the estate as well. i'll be having a few friends over as well who are going.

sounds good i'll see you in a few.

Park Jisung

yes it's really me ji. oh you already know? yeah you're welcome to stay here i know you love the garden, especially at night.

c-chenle? who's tha.... oh oh right yes of course he can come as well. oh yeah don't worry about it. ok i'll see you then.

Lee Jeno

hey jen, how you holdin up? i know, me too. she gave me this note and it said that your invitation should have arrived in the mail? i don't know...

oh you got it? ok good. oh mine too just come whenever you can ok? sounds good i'll see you then, love you.

Mark Lee

mark... yeah mhm it's me. i know, but a few days ago my grandmother passed away and i've just been so distraught with everything going on and my father is flying in the day before so i've been planning her funeral by myself and i don't know what to do and i'm all alone in this house with her and it just really, really hurts and...

y-yeah, no no of course you can. yes please don't think that... that would be amazing i really just need something to take my mind off of things.

thank you so much.

hyojin stared at the ceiling feeling more numb than ever. her cheeks were flushed and her eyes were red and puffy. there was a hole in her heart that desperately needed to be patched up.

memories of her childhood flooded back to her. days spent at her grandmother's with her friends, joyful and carefree.

adventures and mysteries every single day. a hidden door, a hidden room, a piano that plays by itself, a garden that blooms without planting, a curtain that blows without wind.

her grandmother, kim jinwon, was the most spectacular woman she had ever known. energetic despite her age, and the most caring and loving spirit she had ever met.

she lived with her grandmother most of her childhood after her mom had passed and her father moved away for work.

having a mother figure in her life meant the world to hyojin and she was always thankful for everything she gave, and taught her.

her grandmother always knew exactly what to do to make her feel better, and even when she's gone she's left a note telling her exactly how to feel again.

i don't want to feel nothing

___

αησтнєя ωσяℓ∂

story based on a dream

coming soon