Na Jaemin

something a little different
___

five times. na jaemin had walked past the kim estate five times that day. hoping to muster up enough courage to talk to her.

"alright baebae, fifth times the charm, right?" he whispered as he kneeled down to pet his energetic golden retriever.

na jaemin was a normal boy, with a normal dog, and a normal crush on his neighbor's granddaughter. he had a simple, yet charming style and a flirty smile to match.

his fifth round passing the kim estate practically changed his seemingly 'normal' life. there she was, standing by the large gate waiting for him.

"jaemin!" she yelled as he approached the estate for the fifth time. he flinched, heartbeat quickening at the sound of his name, especially coming from her mouth.

he made his way up to the gate, wiping his palms on the sides of his pants, mentally preparing to speak and praying he wouldn't stutter.

"h-how do you know my name?" he stuttered, cursing at himself in his head. "of course i know your name silly, you're my neighbor." she said, her sweet voice filling his ears making the tips of his ears heat up.

"oh, uh hyojin right?" he asked, tightening his grip on baebae's leash. she nodded, holding her hand out through the gate.

"it's nice to finally meet you." she smiled as he shook her hand. "you too." he mumbled, zoning out as he admired her.

she crouched down to pet baebae, giggling softly as he licked her hand. "what's his name?" she asked, looking up at the flustered boy.

"baebae." jaemin answered simply crouching down next to them. his face was inches away from hers, the gate inbetween.

she grinned as their hands brushed each other while ruffling baebae's fur. jaemin's cheeks were burning as he chuckled slightly in hopes of calming his rapid heartbeat.

"do you wanna come in for some tea and cookies?" she asked standing up once more. "o-oh, sure!" he took a step back as she opened the gate.

he tugged on the leash slightly to get baebae to follow as they started up the small dirt path. the kim estate was nothing short of a mansion, and the dark exterior made jaemin a bit nervous as they approached.

"grandmother! i brought a friend." she called out as they made their way to the kitchen. "this is jaemin, our neighbor." she introduced.

hyojin's grandmother, jinwon, was waltzing around the kitchen as they entered. a small gasp escaped his lips and his grip on baebae's leash got a bit loose.

the small dog sprinted towards jinwon, jumping up into her arms. she was startled but held the dog close to her as she smiled brightly.

"well you're quite the pupper, baebae." she whispered to the dog as he nuzzled into her chest. "so, what'll it be, shortbread or chocolate chip?" she asked turning to the boy.

"u-uhm." he stuttered taken back by her young spirited demeanor. "both, i'll bring them out." hyojin answered for him as she began to take out a few platters.

they headed to the garden, placing the tray between them as they sat on a bench. "so jaemin, what school do you go to? i never see you in the halls." she asked as she munched on a shortbread cookie.

"oh, i'm in eighth grade still. but i'll be going to your high school in the fall." he said as he picked up a chocolate chip cookie. "oh, i see. wow, you're pretty mature for an eighth grader. i thought you were in high school already." she chuckled softly.

"my cousin jeno is in your grade." she added. "oh, i know him. i guess i've never really talked to him before." he shrugged.

"i bet you two would be close. his best friend renjun could probably use more friends too." she sighed. he nodded taking a sip of iced tea.

"i'm glad we met today jaemin. i think we'll be great friends." she said smiling at him. "i hope so." he sent a smile back.

the day you changed everything
___

coming soon