Park Jisung

even when i try to hold tightly, you disappear
___

seven days. it took seven days after his best friend had killed himself for the realization to dawn on jisung. the shock of it all scared the thirteen year old.

he fled to the kim estate seeking refuge and care. he was met with an angel. hyojin knew exactly what to do, and exactly what he needed to heal. she sent him to their 'mystical garden', a safe haven for jisung where no one was watching.

a place where he could cry. a place to let go, and let his emotions get the better of him. a place where reality was twisted and his favorite person was still with him.

with no other friends to go to, jisung felt alone. laying for hours amongst the blooming flowers, staring up at the endless sky.

ever so often hyojin came to check up on him. dabbing sunscreen on his sunburnt nose and leaving a plate of cookies for him to munch on.

she knew he needed space, and time alone to gather his thoughts, to cry, to breathe. as worried as she was when he would spend his nights staring up at the night sky until he fell asleep among the flower beds, she let him.

and that night, jisung wasn't sure what was real, and what wasn't. 'just a dream, just a dream', he mumbled to himself as he watched the flowers around him growing taller and taller.

he felt small amongst them as he stood, letting his fingers brush past each one. they started as whispers, small voices echoing through his head telling him sweet things, happy memories.

the faintest smile etched on his lips as he walked through the seemingly endless rows of flowers and plants, shimmering under the moonlight.

he hummed lowly as he laid back down among a bunch of poppies, counting the stars as he fell asleep. the cool night air sent a shiver down his spine.

and, as if the heavens above had heard his cries and pleas, he woke up the next morning under the gaze of a young boy.

he flinched slightly as his eyes met those of the other, who was staring curiously at him. a smile errupting on his face as jisung sat up.

he held out his small hand cheerfully. "hi, i'm zhong chenle." jisung was taken aback, stumbling backwards slightly.

the boy stayed still, his bright orange hair blowing in the wind as he held out his hand. jisung's hand was trembling as he reached out to shake his hand.

"i-i'm park jisung." he stuttered as he shook the boy's hand. it was cold, dead cold. a shiver ran through his body as he retracted his hand.

"how did you-" he trailed off as he noticed the flowers surrounding them. they had grown, even taller than their sitting figures.

"woah..." he breathed out, marveling at the grand, sweet smelling flowers that loomed over them. "not just a dream i guess." chenle said shrugging.

"i guess not." jisung said plainly as he stood up. he glanced down at the boy before motioning him to follow.

"where are we going?" the boy asked as he followed jisung through the garden. "why are you here? did hyojin send you? are you some sort of, i don't know, pity present?" he snapped at the boy frustratedly.

"no, jisung." he said calmly placing a hand on his shoulder. "i'm here for you. to help you take your mind off of things for a while."

jisung sighed, brushing his hand from his shoulder. "whatever." he muttered as he opened the backdoor, entering the estate.

"oh good morning ji, how are you? does your back hurt? oh no you must be sick, let me check your temperature." hyojin rushed towards him, throwing a blanket over his shoulders.

"i'm fine, hyo. aren't you gonna ask me who this is?" he questioned motioning to chenle who stood awkwardly next to him.

hyojin raised an eyebrow glancing at where he was pointing to. "what?" she hurried over placing the back of her palm against his forehead.

"are you sure you're ok? you must have a fever." she muttered, running over to the cabinet to grab a thermometer.

jisung glanced at chenle confused, the boy shrugging in response. "why isn't she-" he was cut off as hyojin stuck the thermometer in his mouth, motioning him to stay still.

"you should stay inside tonight ji, or at least bring a blanket next time." she sighed, taking the thermometer out of his mouth.

"normal." she smiled, ruffling his hair. "right, so uh hyo, this is chenle." he said placing his hand on chenle's shoulder.

hyojin glanced from jisung to his hand, furrowing her brows slightly. "o-oh, right uhm hi chenle?" she waved awkwardly at the space besides the boy.

"is chenle your, uh friend?" she asked carefully. jisung glanced at the boy shrugging, "i guess he is, he kind of just, showed up."

"right." she nodded slowly. "well uhm have fun you two. i'll be doing homework." she said walking off. chenle sighed, turning to the boy.

"she can't see me ji." he explained. "what do you mean?" he asked. "she can't see me because she wasn't meant to. only you can see me ji, you're special." he said smiling at him.

"i must be dreaming..." he mumbled as he followed the boy back to the garden.

the moment you can see your dreams

___

coming soon