3

I think the Gods are out for me. 

This is the second time the magical plates have given me spaghetti and meatballs. I don't want spaghetti and meatballs. Besides, Will is making fun of me again. 

"You can't be serious."

"I literally asked for a sandwich," I grumble, taking an angry bite out of a meatball. 

"You clearly didn't want a sandwich," Will laughs. "Is it like traditional spaghetti from Italy?" 

"Yeah, American spaghetti sucks." 

Will gives me a sour look. He takes his fork from his plate and stabs a chunk of spaghetti from my plate. Before I can object, he stuffs the food into his mouth and grins at me. A second later, his eyes widen with delight. 

"You are so right." Will goes in to grab another fork full of noodles, so I swiftly use my own fork to shove his out of the way. "Nico," he whines, "your spaghetti is delicious, let me eat some more!" 

"Get your own, Solace," I pull the plate closer to my chest and guard the sides with my arm. 

He laughs it off, going back to his own bowl of chicken noodle soup. We continue to eat in silence at the table, and as soon as we are done, Will leaves me in my room. I don't think he wanted to leave me, he seemed really sad when Kayla asked him to tend to the Ares kid. 

For the rest of the night, I'm sitting in my bed doing a crossword puzzle. I've given up on trying to do Sudoku, but I think I know a thing or two about mind puzzles about words. 

--- 

I don't know anything about words. 

Apparently, there is more than one way to describe the strings on a shoe. I was never told this in any of my life time. 

To make up for my loss of words, I wrote in random things that made sense to me. Eventually, I fell asleep in the book, which is very uncomfortable. It is even more uncomfortable to wake up to Will falling forward onto my leg, waking to two of us at two in the morning. 

"When did you get in here?" I ask suddenly, ignoring the pen stuck to my cheek. It falls off rather quickly, hitting the floor in between me and Will. 

"I-I-I," Will stammers, "I didn't want to walk back to my cabin late at night, and I was kind of expecting you to wake up at some ungodly time." 

"You got that right," I mumble. "Now that we are both awake, what do we want to do?" 

Will's eyes seemed to light up when I asked him that. "Let's play twenty questions, I'll start." He leans back in his chair, staring at me intensely. "What is your favorite color?" 

"Black." 

"Mine is yellow," Will responds quickly, becoming very excited all of the sudden. 

"Okay? What do you like to do in your free time?" I sit back in the bed, covering myself with more of the blanket. 

He thinks for a moment before responding to me. "I don't really have free time, I spend most of my time working in the infirmary. I guess I sometimes play the ukulele when I'm on the nightshift, then to clear my mind, I take long walks on the beach." 

"That's so cliché," I laugh quietly. "Before you dragged me in here, I would third wheel everyone at camp. They kept telling me that I wasn't bothering them, but I knew they were lying. They feel bad about me, everyone does."

"Hey, that's not true. I think you are lovely to be around." I could see Will faintly blush under the low lights in the room. "Anyways, one place you would love to travel to? But it can't be for a prophecy, you have to enjoy vacation."