Chapter 555 I Don't Want Amy to Have a Strange Little Brother

Deathly silence ensued.

Sivir, Dennis, Skol, Scott, Sam, and Monkey stood at the foot of the mountain, looking up at the father and daughter duo up above. Their eyelids twitched, and they gulped in unison.

One of the Ironhide Bulls had been slain, while the other had been frozen. The two of them had descended like death gods, easily dispelling what had seemed to be an impossibly dire crisis.

Amy's magic had completely stunned them, while Mag's almost untraceably fast blade strike sent shivers down their spines.

His speed wasn't all that phenomenal, perhaps about the same as that of a 1st-tier knight. However, the blade strike was almost too fast for the eye to follow.

The tiny bull-slaying blade was somehow able to easily tear through the Ironhide Bull's body. What was even more incredible to them was that he had managed to kill it with a single strike.

Even the most experienced hunters found the Ironhide Bull to be extremely troublesome prey. They possessed almost no weaknesses, and hunters could only exhaust them before subduing them in a trap.

No one had attempted to land a killing blow on it as it charged past them, as its two horns were like scimitars, able to inflict grievous wounds at any moment.

"Who... Who is he?!" Evan's eyes widened as he stared at Mag, and his entire body felt icy cold. If he had tried to attack Mag earlier in the day, would he have ended up in the same state as that Ironhide Bull?

He suddenly understood why he was struck by that sense of fear earlier in the day. If Mag really did harbor killing intent toward him, he probably wouldn't even be able to launch an effective retaliation, not to mention that he had an intermediate magic caster as a daughter.

"Ding! Congratulations, you have completed the mission to capture the Ironhide Bull. You have done so in six hours, therefore successfully completing the mission within 12 hours. You now possess the right to use all ingredients and utensils required to cook beef kebabs, and you also get half a strength point, as well as a mooncake recipe!" The system's voice sounded amid a virtual fireworks display.

"Perfect!" Mag's eyes lit up upon hearing that. Both the half a strength point and the mooncake recipe were imperative to him. His power level would be enhanced, and he would be able to make the moon festival celebration a reality at the same time. Those rewards were certainly worth a risky foray into the Illusionary Mist Valley.

"Father is so strong!" Amy clapped her little hands as she looked up at Mag with reverence and adoration.

"You're very strong as well, Amy." Mag patted Amy's head with a smile. He looked down at Sivir and the others with a smile, and said, "Looks like I accidentally stole your prey again, Ms. Sivir. You don't mind, do you?"

"Without you here, we would have become prey for these two Ironhide Bulls already." A wry smile appeared on Sivir's face as she extended a bow toward Mag, and said, "Mr. Mag, you saved our entire Rose Mercenary Squad. Thank you."

"Mr. Mag, you sure had us fooled! Are you a 4th-tier knight?" Dennis was stunned as he looked up at Mag. He had been well and truly shaken by that blindingly fast blade strike.

"You're too kind, Mr. Dennis." Mag shook his head as he said modestly, "I'm only good at killing cows. If it were another magic beast, I might not even be able to handle a 1st-tier

one."

At his current power level, he would indeed have some trouble against 4th-tier magic beasts. However, after slaughtering countless Ironhide Bulls in the test field for the God of Cookery, he was extremely familiar with their structure. As such, he was able to immediately identify the weakness of the oncoming Ironhide Bull and deal a lethal blow.