Chapter 577 Boss Mag, Do You Need Our Help?

In the residential area for the families of the deceased miners, the dilapidated gray bungalows had all been replaced by brand-new two-story houses. The walls had been painted in vibrant colors like green, blue, pink, and a whole host of other exuberant shades, giving one a false impression that it was spring even though autumn had already arrived.

There were many dwarven artisans running around busily between the houses, while powerful orcs did the grunt work. The women and the elderly were painting the walls in exuberant colors, and the smiles on their faces were as vibrant as the colors of the paint being applied.

A group of children was running joyfully along the bluestone-paved paths, kicking around a crude football that had been constructed from vines.

One of the children kicked the ball through the air, and it just so happened to land in front of a bicycle before being crushed by the bicycle's front tire.

"Screech-"

Mag hurriedly applied the brakes, but it was already too late; the football had already been flattened into a pancake of vines. All of the children wore dumbstruck expressions as they stared at Mag's bicycle, and then at their crushed ball.

"Waaah, he crushed our ball! We've got nothing to play with now!" A child who appeared to be around four or five years of age burst into tears first. His sobs were seemingly contagious as the 20 or so children with him all burst into tears, causing a loud commotion that drew many adults to the scene.

"Don't cry, I'll get you an even better ball, how's that?" Mag hurriedly waved his hands to try and soothe the children.

"It's Amy's father!" A pleasantly surprised voice suddenly erupted from the group of children. A little girl squeezed her way forward before rushing over to Mag with a joyful expression. She looked up at Mag, and asked, "Are you here to see me? Where's Amy? Did she come with you?"

"That's right, I'm here to visit you, Jessica. Amy has lessons today, so she couldn't make it, but you'll be able to see her tonight." Mag patted Jessica's head with a smile on his face. She was still just as adorable as ever.

"It's you! You're the man from that day!" An elderly man's eyes lit up as he identified Mag.

All of the adults who were concerned that something had happened to their children were also overjoyed at the sight of Mag. They had clearly also identified their savior.

"Thank you, thank you for saving all of us." The elderly man fell to his knees and began to kowtow to Mag.

Everyone else also fell to their knees and dragged their kids down with them as they kowtowed to Mag.

"Please get up, everyone, I only did something that was to be expected of me." Mag hurriedly set his bicycle aside and helped the elderly man to his feet. Only then did everyone else rise to their feet, but their eyes were still filled with gratitude as they looked at Mag.

The sobbing kids looked down at their flattened ball, then up at Mag, and even though there were still tears shimmering in their eyes, none of them were crying anymore.

Mag looked at all those pairs of bright eyes with complex emotions surging through his heart. All of them were wearing new clothes, and were already looking much healthier than when he last saw them, but what they had now was something that they should've had all along. They shouldn't have to be so grateful to him just for the basic rights that they were entitled to.

The entire crowd fell silent, and Mag was at a loss for words as well. After a brief awkward silence, Mag pointed at the houses with a smile, and said, "Your new houses are very beautiful."