The talk

*Lena and Kara have been married for a while and Kara wants to talk...*
Kara's POV
I've always wanted kids. A little family of my own I could spoil everyday. It was one of my biggest dreams. And I was dreading the fact that my wife might not feel the same way. We had never talked about it and it scared me. I was scared she wouldn't hold the same dreams as me. But I knew Alex and the DEO would be able to genetically modify me so Ma and Lena could have biological kids if we ever wanted and rao that is all I wanted. We had been married for two years and don't get me wrong they've been by far the best of my life. But each day my love for Lena and the family we have has grown and grown and I just want to pass it on to someone otherwise I'll explode! Then again, I don't want to mess up the family we already have, each other. I was frustrated and confused and the only option I had was to speak with my wife about it.
'Hey.' I shouted as I opened our front door, knowing Lena was home because she had texted me half an hour ago saying so.
'Hey darling.' She shouted back, clearly engrossed in something.
I wondered what she was up to hoping it would be the perfect time to talk to her about kids.
'What are you up to?' I said walking into the living room where she was typing on her computer periodically whilst looking at something.
'Hmm a surprise.' She smirked and closed her laptop as I walked over to her to give her a long, gentle kiss. I pulled back and she over dramatically sighed so I gave her another one, longer this time. It took her breath away so when I pulled back the second time she couldn't sigh.
'I missed you today.' She whispered, getting her breath back slightly.
'I missed you too. I need to talk to you about something.' I twirled my thumbs nervously and looked down into them. She followed my eyes and could see I was anxious to continue so she held my hands comfortingly, slowly moving her thumb up and down my palm.
'It's about kids.' I said looking up. Her eyes instantly widened and her smile faltered.
'Umm can we talk about this a bit later I need to eat I'm feeling really tired? Sorry.' She brushed the topic off quickly and left to go to the kitchen. I frowned down at my hands. She obviously didn't want kids. I had no idea how to feel. I shook it off for tonight and hoped she would bring it up. She didn't. I spent the whole night lost in her eyes and forgot all about what I wanted to talk to her about. She never brought it up again.
It was the next morning and Lena had already left for work with a note that read
Kara by beautiful wife,
I had to go to work early today. A new project I'm working on. I'm sorry I couldn't be there when you wake up.
Have an amazing day
Lena xxx
She was ignoring me. I could feel it. She got scared and is slipping away and I have no idea how to grasp onto her. I went to work angry with myself and 10 hours later got back angry with myself. Lena had texted saying her 'project' was going to make her have to stay late so I shouldn't wait up for her. But I was going to anyway. I had to know what she wants. I desperately want kids. But I desperately want to be married to Lena too. I just hoped I could have both.
That hope was slowly rotting as I sat waiting for my wife to come back home.
I was almost falling asleep on the sofa so decided to go to bed. But right before I fell asleep I heard the familiar key jangle and heard the door being unlocked. I sat up in bed, deciding to use my super hearing to my advantage and listen in on the phone call Lena was on.
L: oh god Alex she started to ask me about kids yesterday and I was terrified. I didn't know what to say so I fled and made dinner. What happens if we don't feel the same way? Anyway I'm going to talk to her in the morning and hope for the best. Night
I heard her phone drop and settled back down, expecting her to come to bed. Instead, I heard her rummaging around the house for another 30 minutes.
I had no idea what she was doing but i picked up on her looking in a draw and pulling something out then placing it somewhere else. She finally came to bed and I pretended to be asleep.
She spoke to me softly, still thinking I was asleep.
'Please don't kill me for what I say tomorrow I love you.' She cuddled into me after that and a thousand thoughts were flying through my head. What did she mean? Was she finally going to tell me she doesn't want kids? And what was she doing outside?
I knew I couldn't get to sleep so I stayed lying there, enjoying her small breaths that tickled my arm.
Before I knew it her alarm had gone off. An alarm for what I had no idea as it was Saturday. I turned it off and stood up. Lena was still fast asleep, obviously exhausted by her project yesterday. I let her sleep and tiptoed our of our room. I went to the kitchen and there was a small box with my name on it. I looked at it curiously, scared it could be a bomb of sorts. When I looked closer I saw it was Lena's handwriting so felt a wave of relief. Then my panic started again. What was she giving me? I opened it slowly and what was in it surprised me immensely.

Inside was a small box, a letter and a pink stick that had a + sign on it. My breath hitched as I realised what it was, and my curiosity hitched with it. I slowly picked up the box, seeing small pills in it I had no idea what they were. I then picked up the letter. It was Lena's handwriting yet again:
Kara my beautiful wife
It's been so tough keeping this from you but I wanted it to be a surprise.
About 2 months ago you were talking in your sleep when I was still awake and talked about kids to me. The way you talked about them sparked an idea.
I worked on a pill that could make one of us pregnant. I took a prototype of it having no idea it would actually work.
But I guess it did because I'm pregnant.
I reread it, startled. She was pregnant. We were having a baby. Oh rao. Tears filled my eyes as I picked up the pregnancy test.
A small noise came from behind me and I turned around.
Lena yawned into her hand and rubbed her eyes. Then she looked up, clearly shocked I was there.
'Darn it I was supposed to be up when you read it.' She said, still half asleep.
'I-I turned your alarm off. I didn't want to w-wake you.' I said, still in shock and not registering the news.
'I missed your reaction.' She said sulking but quickly perked up. When she saw my face her smile faded slightly. 'Oh god did you not want this. Holy crap I've messed it all up haven't I.'
My mind finally clicked into action. I was going to be a mum. Lena, my wife, was now carrying my baby. She had wanted kids. She wants kids. We're going to have a kid. 'Oh my rao we're having a baby!' I screamed excitedly rushing over to her and picking her up to spin her round. I put her down again and kissed her lips several times in a row.
She only stared at my smiling. Until she ran away suddenly into the bathroom. I super sped with her and held her slick hair back as she threw up. After she finished she chuckled lightly and said,' I guess the baby didn't like the spinning'
I chuckled with her and simply stared at her.
'What? Do I have sick on me or something?' She said looking at me.
'I can't believe I am so lucky. I love you Lena. So much. And I love our baby. Already. Gosh I am so excited' I said a rush of instant warmth coming over me.
'I love you too. And I love our baby obviously. I'm sorry I didn't tell you straight away. I wanted to make it special, so I planned it all out to tell you a week from now. But you ruined it by talking about kids 2 nights ago and I knew I couldn't keep it from you any longer. So yesterday I waited at work until I thought you would stop waiting for me to come home. Then I set it all up. I even set an alarm to wake me up before you so I could see your face when you read my letter! Damn this pregnancy for making me so tired.' She giggled and I couldn't help but break into a wide smile.
'I'm sorry I ruined your surprise' I said with a playful tone.
'It's okay I just wish I could've seen your face.'
'Well you can see it now.' I whispered happily.
We sat on the bathroom floor pretty much all morning, forgetting about breakfast and the coldness of the floor. We had each other and now we had another member of our family and we couldn't be happier if we tried.