Chapter 7

"Can you tell me where we're going?" Toni groaned as Cheryl drove in her car this time. Cheryl stopped by her house to grab a few things but she told Toni to close her eyes as she put the things in the cart.

"No I already told you no." Cheryl scolded as she turned down a road. Toni's eyebrows furrowed as they made it to a open field. Cheryl parked on the side of  the road before exiting and grabbing a few of the things out the back. Toni snorts when she see's a picnic basket and a blanket in Cheryl's arms.

"Where do they even sell picnic baskets?" Toni said furrowing her eyebrows.

"Well Toni if you didn't frequent convenient stores you'd know where." Cheryl snarled as she walked over to the shaded area under the huge tree. Toni followed and helped set up the blanket.

"When did you have time to make food?" Toni hummed as she sat on the end of the blanket and Cheryl say beside her placing the basket infront of them.

"Open it." Cheryl hummed nodding towards the basket.

"Mkay." Toni narrowed her eyes as she opened it revealing two bags of Doritos, fruit snacks, pop tarts, sodas, and randomly a banana.

"Four course meal? Damn cher didn't have to go all out." Toni gasped putting a hand over her heart.

"Well you hate fancy food." Cheryl reminded as she grabbed the banana and pealed it taking a bite. "Plus I had literally 3 minutes." Cheryl reminded but Toni was already digging into the Doritos.

"No I love it." Toni waved her off. "I rather this than an expensive diner to be honest." Toni shrugged leaning back looking at the morning sky. She turned her head to look at Cheryl as she leaned back on her elbows.

"Tell me about you." Toni said softly. Cheryl turned her head in the direction of Toni and tilted her head to the side. Cheryl looked over the cuts and bruises on the girl's face with a sigh.

"Why though? You've known me since we were in grade school." Cheryl reminded staring at the soda in her hand.

"Well we always hated each other we were never friend until literally a day ago." Toni countered fiddling with the blanket under her.

"Well what do you wanna know? If you ask my favorite color I'm leaving." Cheryl Warned But Toni wasn't even phased she just sat back and thought.

"What's your home life like?" Toni hummed still staring at the clouds in the blue sky.

"It's okay." Cheryl said vaguely but with one stern look from Toni she changed it real quick. "My mom and dad always work which I mean is good or I wouldn't have all I have today. So yeah. Most of the time they're great parents. My dad recently bought me my first new car." Cheryl smiled pridefully.

"Must be nice." Toni mumbled but forced a smile. Cheryl furrowed her eyebrows in wonder as she glanced at Toni.

"Well how'd you get your truck if it wasn't a parent?" Cheryl asked her head leaning on her hand as she listened to her. Cheryl wa snow laying on her tummy occasionally eating chips.

"I did, I got a job, paid for a piece of shit. And fixed it up." Toni shrugged as if it was obvious.

"Yeah but like they never gave you gas money or what about like a jet ski?" Cheryl three out ideas which made Toni laugh.

"You're so privileged it's kinda funny. And cute." Toni said quietly as she thought of her next words. "My mom passed away when I was 11, ever since then my dad has been heavy on drinks." Toni informed hesitating telling he for a few second before she cleared he throat.