XVI

"Hyung, what are we gonna do?" I ask the older man.

He doesn't speak.

"I'm as shocked as you are to be honest, I mean, what are we going to do? There's only one damn cur-

"I'm well aware of that Taehyung." He interrupts me.

Namjoon hyung slumps down onto the wooden deck of the ship, and covers his eyes with his forearms.

I walk over to his still figure and lie next to him, staring up into the sky with him.

He remains silent for what seems like an eternity, and every time I open my mouth to make a remark, I can't think of anything to say.

Oh hey, sorry you can't get the cure because I will literally fight you for it, but don't worry because in a way I still care about you.

You literally can't express anything close to that without sounding like a fucking bitch.

When finally, he removes his hands from his eyes and glances over at me.

"Taehyung."

"Yes hyung?"

"I-I want you to have the cure."

My head suddenly spins, trying to find a way to digest what he just said.

"Why?" Is all I can say.

"Because as your hyung, I don't think you deserve this life. What we did all those years ago, deserting you, was unacceptable. We turned because we wanted to be together for eternity, but instead, we left you. I'm so sorry, take this cure, as our apology."

I try to form words, but they escape me. Namjoon hyung seems to notice my silence, so he continues.

"I know you probably don't believe that I'm handing this cure to you, but it's the least I can do for you, and I hope this will be the starting point of us rekindling our broken friendship."

"I don't know what to say." I state honestly.

"You don't have to say anything." He replies smiling. "Just remember what I said."

"Thank you hyung."

*

You push Jimin off the bed while snorting at an embarrassing story he just told you of himself.

"NO WAY THAT HAPPENED." You laugh while holding your stomach.

"It is true! Wait til you hear the next part." Jimin shouts back while laughing as well.

"So when I got up and looked back at the toilet, I spot this black thing. As I leaned in, I FUCKING NOTICE THAT ITS MY DAMN PHONE AND I REACHED IN WITHOUT A SECOND THOUGHT AND PULLED IT OUT."

At this point you're rolling on the bed, unable to stop laughing.

Jimin laughs with you, and both of you are at the point of fainting because of your inability to breathe.

When both of your laughter dies down, Jimin smiles over at you,

"I'm glad I got this moment with you Y/N. It means a lot to me."

"Me too Jimin." You reply whole heartedly.

*

We all sit inside the cabin, Jimin and Y/N sitting on the same bed, while Jungkook is seated next to Hoseok, Namjoon hyung is next to me.

"Guys, if we do get that cure...I've decided to give it to Tae." Namjoon hyung states boldly.

"Why? There's more than one cure." Hoseok hyung seems confused.

"There isn't there's only one." Namjoon hyung corrects.

Hoseok hyung turns to Namjoon hyung and they have a stare down, but in a way they seem to be reading each other's mind. While Jungkook looks as clueless as a deer about to be shot.

Y/N stares at Jimin, her expression is hurt and confused. Jimin places his hands on hers to comfort her and something in me snaps a bit. I hold it in, but why am I feeling like this? I told Jimin I had no feelings for her, but do I?

"I agree with Namjoon." Hoseok hyung finally says, smiling. "You deserve this Tae, we will give this up for you, take it as an apology Tae."

"Thank you hyung."

*

"What are you going to do now? Every one is willing to give the cure up for you. But what about Y/N?" Minnie questions me.

"I have no idea Minnie."

He doesn't reply.

"Look, I want you to take this cure, I really do. But the thing is, I want her to take the cure as well."

"There's only one."

"I'm well aware of that, b ut you should know something Tae." Minnie speaks up.

"What is it?"

"When you take the cure, all memories from when you're a vampire disappears. You won't remember anything while you were one."

I feel a wave of shock pierces through me.

"Why didn't you tell me this sooner?" I ask.

"Because I wanted you to not doubt your decision."

"Why are you telling me now then?"

"I don't know, I felt like I should."

"I don't know if I should take it now." I confess.

Jimin hesitates for a bit, he opens his mouth to speak but nothing comes out. We don't speak for a moment until,

"Then give it to Y/N."

a/n: so uhm.......... I HONESTLY DONT KNOW HOW TO THANK ALL OF Y'ALL. thank u for 500 readsss. even if y'all dont comment or leave me messages, its okay!! i still appreciate u reading the book!! but im especially thankful for @lilyisc00l for always being early and commenting in each chapter!! thank you so much gurll. AND ALSO where u at @emikaease i miss you gurl.