XVIII

Taehyung had gathered everyone into the cabin to explain the news. When everyone gathered inside and settled themselves, Tae began to speak.

"Hyung, I want to give the cure to y/n." He directs the statement to Namjoon.

"But why?" Namjoon asks.

Your eyes finds their way around the cabin searching for everyone's expression and reaction.

"I- we owe it to her, me and Jimin both."

"What do you mean you owe it to her?" Jungkook asks perplexed.

"Just know that we do, and we've decided that this is the way to repay her." Jimin cuts in for Tae.

Namjoon looks for Jungkook and Hoseok's expressions, then he nods in a statement of understanding.

"Okay, we decided to give you the cure, you can do whatever you want with it. We have no say in the matter." Namjoon wraps up the situation.

"Thank you for understanding hyung." Taehyung beams.

You feel relieved and thankful towards the people surrounding you in this room. It felt like things were falling into place, finally.

But your short lived happiness is interrupted by an ear piercing sound that vibrates throughout the ship, resonating in the cabin.

"What the hell was that?" Jungkook exclaims.

All of you run to the deck of the ship, meeting eyes with Seokjin as the back of a man faces you.

"Who's that?" Hoseok asks the question that is running through all of our minds.

"Let's take the chance and run, the barrier is opened!" Jimin shouts in the midst of the commotion.

All of you start to dash toward the island at once with every ounce of your strength. When you jump the stretch between the boat and the island, you close your eyes, praying with all your might that your feet hit solid ground.

When you open your eyes to the shock of force gushing throughout your body, you know you've landed on the island. But you keep running after the man who's brought in my Seokjin, chasing him with all the adrenaline you had in you. No way were you going to even risk losing that cure.

When you look on both of your sides, you see Taehyung and Jimin with Namjoon following behind, the original four who you guys had decided on allowing to go on the island.

You feel your lungs burn and your legs ache with the continuous and strenuous running but you don't stop, you can't afford to.

You look to your right and Taehyung had disappeared from your side. Instead he speeds up and now is ahead of all of you, with Jimin following closely behind him. Both of them were gaining on Seokjin and the strange man. Namjoon catches up to your speed as all of you move hastily through the island.

When you're just about to match the speed of Jimin following behind Taehyung, a thud following by a loud drop is heard. When you finally catch up to Jimin, you find him and Tae struggling to hold down Seokjin and the man.

Namjoon jumps in to help both of them, and you decide to throw a hard blow on both Seokjin and the man to weaken both of them so the others can hold them down.

When Namjoon and Jimin manages to capture Seokjin and the other man, you step up and finally manage to take a clear look at him.

Your eyes widen at the image of the man and you're left speechless. You couldn't find the words to even begin to express how shocked you were.

But finally you could let a word out,

"Y-y-yoongi?"

The man grunts and looks up to meet your eyes, returning your shocked expression as well,

"Y/N?" He says your name confused.

Taehyung looks to you and back to the man and then back to you.

"You know him?" He asks completely discombobulated by the whole situation.

"W-what the heck?" Yoongi lets out.

"What? You know her?" Seokjin looks to Yoongi.

"How do you know him?" You ask Seokjin.

"He's the friend I'm saving the cure for." Seokjin answers you still confused.

"YOU TURNED? WHY? WHEN? WHAT?" You screamed at Yoongi.

"I-I'm sorry. I had to." Yoongi looks down, unable to meet your eyes.

"Can you please explain what's happening Y/N?" Namjoon asks you.

"Yoongi is my friend. I've known him since forever but I- ... something happened and I haven't seen him in a long time until today." You explain trying to piece together words to even begin explaining.

"I STAYED AWAY SO YOU WOULDN'T BE ENTANGLED IN ALL THIS MESSY SHIT." You continue to scream at Yoongi in shock and frustration.

"I had to! I had no choice." Yoongi seems to be shouting back at you as well.

"Jimin let him go." You say to Jimin who was holding down Yoongi.

As Jimin began to release Yoongi, Namjoon slowly let go of Seokjin as well.

"I'm sorry Y/N. I had to turn, but now I don't want this life anymore. I need to get back to normal or as normal as it can get. I need this cure." Yoongi says exasperated.

"Yoongi... I need it as well." You whisper.

His eyes shines with guilt and his shoulders slump to show his disappointment.

"I thought you would understand how much I need this." Yoongi meets your eyes.

"I do. But I need to get back to my normal life as well." You reply with just as much guilt.

"I guess whoever gets to it first will have the cure to themselves." He concludes before disappearing into thin air with Seokjin.

Before you can make any more movements or catch him, he's gone.

"Fuck!"

a/n: dynamite was lit, i cant-  LIKE OMG I DIDNT ASKED TO BE ATTACKED!!!

also, can u guys tell me what u dislike in a fanfic so i can avoid writing that stuff? i'm trying to avoid cliches and overused themes/concepts so i can improve.

thank you and have an amazing day/night. wishing the best for y'all.