》7

°•》
"Pain was always the ending, the real ending. But not everytime did we know about, not everytime did we see it, or hear it. But it was the finale everytime. Because endings were nothing but death, and death was nothing but destruction, and destruction was nothing but pain. The cycle goes on, and it always ends with pain. But everytime a new one starts, it's life all over again."
《•°

  June

Was I living the same story all over again? Why hadn't anything changed?

"Lee Jooeun?" Although it was an unknown number, I didn't need to guess whose voice was on the other end of this call. I knew, I knew it by heart.

It was the beginning, and the end of everything. And we are far beyond that end, why is it reappearing?

Why is it haunting me all over again?

"Who is this?" Denial, denial is my best weapon.

"Oh," he couldn't hide his shock at me not remembering his voice, he couldn't figure out that I'm faking it either. Nothing changed. "It's Kim SeokJin?"

"Jin? I'm off today, anything wrong?" I fix my broken voice into a monotone that sounds too cold.

"No." He breathes, "the managers were talking and they agreed you should be around more, you know as a Stylist and an assistant whenever anything happens. They will discuss everything with you soon."

And he didn't say anything else. He just stopped speaking.

"Why are you calling to tell me that?"

"Namjoon thought it would be better if you knew from us first, so that you won't panic when they ask you to renegotiate terms in your contract."

"Thank Namjoon for me, it is better." I tell him, "anything else I could help you with, Jin?"

"Not at all, Jooeun."

I kept quiet.

He did it again. Was he aware? Did my lengthy silence tell him anything? We were never good at understanding the unspoken. If he didn't change, then he doesn't get it still and I need to say it.

"It's June Lee, by the way." I correct, "I'll make sure I'm ready for whatever it is. Bye." I hang up.

Jin felt like the evidence of a crime that no one should know about. A crime where the corpse decided to disappear with no trace so that the papers won't find a reason to write it down.

It wouldn't work if someone still knew the trace. He felt like the one flaw that will unravel everything.

》》》

Ji Changwook is a lawyer who wasn't allowed to defend the case of his sister, because there wasn't a case to begin with. These things only take away from the victim's dignity, these incidents are only spoken about in passive speech. So it would've always been about me, not about him.

If we look past a few complications in my household, we are just like any other family. There was Changwook, who was always on dad's side. And there was Seungho who grew too close to my mom, and was always on her side.