》16

Listen to Moondust by Jaymes Young before or during reading this chapter, my heart feels like it relates to June's universe. It's an amazing song too, anyway. The video is added in the media above for all the lazy soulmates who made it here, thank you for the effort✨

°•》
"You dug a hole when I wasn't looking, then held my hand for a walk. You asked me to look up at the sky and count the stars, while you looked down and counted our steps. And when we fell into that hole, you asked me to stay a little longer here with you. You dug a hole so that you can feel like you didn't fall alone, so that we can now fall together. I don't think you knew that I fell for you long before your fingers touched the sand."
《•°

  June

At the workplace, and wherever their performances are, I like BTS's presence a little more than I ever did since they debuted. For one, it's more real now, and I like the fact they're much better at being a distraction up close. They're so much to take in, there are so many times to remember that I can't really pause and rewind these scenes I'm witnessing, and they seem to be always under the spotlight, it's all a very comforting concept.

But when it's Jin alone, Kim Seokjin my best friend, it's more about him and me than BTS. And I hate it. I hate it when he finds every chance to make things about me, and I hate it when I feel like he isn't worldwide handsome Jin anymore but the Kim Seokjin from back at high school. That one who cares about Jooeun so truly, that one who makes it very hard to ignore his loving gestures.

"You're good to go," I tell him, and it comes out a little too cold for the chatty atmosphere, I ignore it and turn to Jungkook. "Come on up, Kook." I slip in the nickname in hopes of deterring the attention away from me, it works when Jungkook gets up and walks over with a very smooth dance that makes his hyungs laugh. And Jungkook under the spotlight, in real life, is so much to take in, so just like that my distraction is back.

》》》

This performance is so intense, if anything I don't really want to be here. I don't think I had this in mind when I signed up for this, seeing them bark reminders and notes to each other, seeing them out of breath, tired, and sweaty. It looks like they're struggling. And seeing it right in front of me as I pad their sweaty faces dry and retouch their make up and resort their outfits is very different from seeing is from another time, through a screen.

It's as if now that I'm witnessing it firsthand, I feel like I have some sort of right to ask them to just stop. Which brings up one actual question: do I want them to stop?

RM is right in front of me, some of his hair is stuck to his forehead and his lips look a little dry but it goes away when he smiles and licks them. His smile right then, and his encouragement that's going out for everyone made me realize something. It's never anyone's choice, it's theirs. Only theirs. So the right question all along was: do they want to stop?

Are you okay, Bangtan Sonyeondan?

"Don't worry. Everyone is happy when they're tiring themselves out in something they love, right?" RM chuckles, and the members sitting close enough to hear laugh a little, some too tired that their laughs turn into coughs, or lagged breaths.