Fantasy

Judge: @SAGarg21

Get to know your judge:

@SAGarg21 has been an avid reader and writer for years. She's currently working on a fantasy novel called The Kingdoms' Curse. She has also published a completed short mystery/thriller called Ethan, which is an entry in the Short Story category of this award. She's a journalist and economist and one day hopes to be a published author.

Entries:

1) @mcyruswrites | The Traitor of Falconworth |

2) @liann_aixa | Izoven: Song of Fire |

3) @spelunkadunk | The Claimed |

4) @AbdulKabir1 | The Malevolent |

5) @NickfEast | The Last Philosopher |

How much your judge will read: 7 chapters to allow for good plot, world-building, and character development 

Rubric:

Book cover (5): Is it interesting? Does it capture my interest? Is it relevant to the story? Is there the basic information of title and author name? Does it fit the genre?

Blurb (5): Is it interesting? Does it give away enough information? Is it fitting for the plot of the book?

Grammar/writing (15): Do the grammatical errors pull me out of the story? Do I stumble over the errors? Are there an inordinate amount of spelling or grammar errors? Is there good sentence variation? Does the writing style make sense for this genre? Is the writing clear and effective in carrying the message?

Characterization (20): Are the character interesting and unique? Is there some character development? Are the characters fleshed out and seem real? Do they have unique personality traits and flaws?

World-building (20): Is the world-building clear? Is it unique? Is it creative? Does it contradict itself? Is it fitting to the story? Does it affect the characters and their journeys?

Plot (35): Is the plot interesting? Is it well-paced? Do I see where the plot is headed? Are there any creative elements such as twists or side stories? Is the story creative? Is it fresh and different? Are there any cliches and how are the cliches handled? Do I feel invested in the world and the plot? Do I have a desire to keep reading?

Total: 100 points

Remember to follow your judges. 5 points will be deducted if you fail to do so