Historical Fiction

Judge: @anon47814

Get to know your judge:

After spending most of my pre-teen years obsessed with Wattpad, I've rediscovered the site during quarantine and developed a newfound passion for writing diverse fanfiction! I'm not a picky reader. As long as the grammar is good, the characters are entertaining, and the story is intriguing, I will give any novel a fair chance! I'm incredibly excited to judge your works, and I hope I find some new stories to add to my reading list! Good luck to everyone participating!

Entries:

1) @CuriousAngel87 | Aeleva; The Viking Saxon |

2) @saxophone94 | Warloards |

3) @AstrologicalGem | Knockout |

4) @KavyaAgnihotri | Lavanya: The Queen of Maheswari |

5) @annieneeedsausername | The Runaway Couple |

How much your judge will read: Around 7 or 8 chapters 

Rubric:

Cover/Title (5) : Is it interesting? Is it relevant to the story?
Blurb (5) : Is it enticing? Does it hook in readers?
Pacing (15) : Is there a strong hook in the opening chapter? Does the story flow smoothly? Does it drag in places, or is the plot overwhelming in others? Are there too many 'filler' chapters?
Spelling/Grammar (10) : Do grammar or spelling mistakes consistently distract from the story?
Characterization (15) : Do the characters have distinct voices, or do they all meld together? Is there character development that makes sense? Do the characters make choices that fit their pre-established traits?
Creativity/Originality (15) : Is this story filled to the brim with cliches? Does it subvert these cliches, or satirize them? Do I feel like I've read this story before?
Narration (15) : Is the dialogue natural? Is the POV clear? Can the reader visualize how the story is unfolding?
World-building/Historical Accuracy (20): Has the reader been transported to this other era? Is the costuming accurate? Is the dialogue accurate? Are societal norms accurate?
Total: 100

Remember to follow your judges. 5 points will be deducted if you fail to do so