Chapter 8

*Author's note* I am SO sorry I haven't updated in AGES. With all of this messed up stuff happening right now, I haven't had the time to write, and school work is being piled onto me. I'm literally draining in it at the moment.
I came back to this story today and literally had a stroke. 1k READS?! Thank u guys SO MUCH!! I'll try and update more often, I'm not DEAD!
-End of me rambling on-

***
Masky and I sit in the flower field, the cool breeze blowing in our hair. I sat in his lap and weave daisies together to make a flower crown, as Masky fiddles with my hair.
"Masky! I made you this!"
Masky smiles and lowers his head so I can place my finished flower crown on his head. He gives me a peck on the forehead.
"I love it, (Y/N)! It's so pretty"
I teach him how to make one, and he tries his best to know together some bluebells. He ends up making a dodgy looking crown, but I don't care how it looked. He places it on my hair and I hug him. Masky hugs me back, telling me how he loves me.

We sit in silence, listening to the busy bees and the chirping birds, until I hear a rustle behind us. I whip around, and Masky asks what's wrong. The bushes rustle again, and Masky hears it too, and he stands up. I cling onto his sleeve and hold my breath as I hear footsteps draw closer.

I let out a sigh in relief when I see EJ's head bobbing up and down in the distance.
"God, EJ. Don't scare us like that. Make a noise would you?" Masky says. But as EJ emerged from the woods, I noticed several things wrong.
First, he wasn't wearing his mask as he usually did. Second, he was limping and covered in cuts and bruises. I go to EJ and just manage to catch him before he fell to the ground.
"EJ, what's wrong? What happened?!"
EJ doesn't respond and all I can hear is his ragged breathing. Masky tries to help him gain consciousness, but EJ doesn't budge.
We set him down, and Masky dabs the blood off of EJ's knees with his sleeve.
"I've never seen EJ like this before"
Masky states "He's never gotten this damaged, and he's stronger than me!"
I look towards the dark woods, from where EJ had came from, and I see Masky doing the same. We were both thinking the same thing.

We have to go there.