The Doctor's Wife {ONE}

"And then we discovered it wasn't the Robot King after all, it was the real one

"And then we discovered it wasn't the Robot King after all, it was the real one. Fortunately, I was able to re-attach the head," The Doctor explains to Rory, Poppy watching from bellow the floor, leaning by the stairs.

"Do you believe any of this stuff?" Rory asks his wife as she passes him

"I was there," she says boredly, joining Poppy.

"Oh, it's the warning lights. I'm getting rid of those. They never stop!" The Doctor rambles as he fiddles with the console again.

"There's most likely a reason for that dear!" Poppy shouts back as Amy and Rory surround her

"Hey. You're still thinking about it, aren't you?" Rory asks Amy, concerned and she quickly shushes him, fully aware of The Doctor being meters away.

"We saw him die..."

"Yeah, two hundred years in the future,"

"Yes, but it's still going to happen,"

"Amy -" Poppy starts but is immediately interrupted by the redhead turning to her in anger

"Why aren't you more upset? You're his girlfriend, you've known him far longer than us,"

"That's why," Poppy explains, smiling slightly as she watches The Doctor bicker with the TARDIS over the warning lights "I know who he is, I know he has to die at some point, and yeah, it hurts me, but...we can't tell him, it'll mess up the world beyond repair most likely, we just have to accept it," Amy nods slightly

"I still don't -" this time it's Amy interrupted by Poppy, grabbing her stomach "You okay?"

"Yeah, just..." she breathes out "need some painkillers," she quickly rushes off, Rory and Amy watching in concern

"She's been like that ever since the Silence took her," Rory mutters

"But that was months ago and she was passed out through what I can remember... when I asked why she wasn't waking up, they said something about her 'remembering too much',"

"Bit weird thing to say considering she can't remember anything before 2006,"

"What're you two talking about?!" The Doctor asks childishly "Is it me?! Are you gossiping?"

----------&----------

"You said there weren't any other Time Lords left," Poppy hears Rory says as she enters, trying to cover the discomfort she felt.

"There are no Time Lords left anywhere in the universe. But the universe isn't where we're going. See that snake?" The Doctor points excitedly after he throws a box at Amy and Poppy sits on the jump seat, crossing her legs "The mark of the Corsair. Fantastic bloke. He had that snake as a tattoo in every regeneration. Didn't feel like himself unless he had the tattoo. Or herself, a couple of times. Ooo, she was a bad girl,"