Don't Test Me

Addy POV
After spending the weekend with Beth like the old days, Monday came so back to school and cheer. School was over and it was time for cheer practice. I walked into the gym and the first thing I saw was Beth talking to Riri's sister from the party, so I walked over to them.
"What y'all talking about?" I asked Beth.
"Oh I was just telling Beth how I just transferred here today" Ryan answered. *Was I talking to this chick?*
"Oh well congrats" I faked smiled.
"Everyone's here you should start practice now" I addressed Beth again.
"WE should start practice now, we in this together remember" she said and I couldn't help smiling.
      "Ohhh how cool would it be if I tried out for the team?" Ryan asked. *This bitch is not serious*
"You could! Before it was just me that decided who joins but now you need Addy's vote also". Beth told her.
     "That's fine! I'm sure I could impress you both" she said holding onto Beth's arm. *why do I wanna punch this bitch right now*

Beth walked away to start practice and it was just Ryan and me standing in the corner.
"What do you think your doing" I asked.
"I don't know what you mean"
"You're a little bit too friendly with Beth"
"Last time I checked I could do what I wanted and Beth's her own person"
"BACK UP off my best friend"
"You know Beth told me a lot about you Friday and the way you treat her sometimes, but if I didn't know better I'd think you liked her"
"I'm protective"  I said
"See the thing is I like Beth and I'll be damned if I don't get her"

I stepped to her face and said "I don't care what you want, you don't wanna test me when it comes to Beth". *I was ready to body drop this bitch right now if*.

"Addy drills!"
I gave Ryan one final look before walking over to Beth to do drills.
"You okay there Hanlon?"
"I'm fine, let's just continue practice".

************
Practice ended and everyone changed and left the locker room leaving me and Beth.
"I'm gonna go take a shower" she said
"Okay"
Few minutes passed and without thinking about it I stepped into the shower with her. It's not like we haven't showered together before, but for some reason I couldn't stop looking at her.
"You okay?" She said taking me out my trace.
"Yeah I'm fine"
"Well since your in here wash my back will you" handing me the soap
I was washing her back and I got this huge urge to kiss her neck, so I did. I thought she'd stop me but instead she leaned her head giving me more access so I continued. I gripped her waist and she turned around and kissed me. Her lips were just like I remembered. We broke away when I needed air.
"Let's finish showering and go home" I said
We showered, got dressed and went to our homes.

I laid in bed thinking about today's events. From that encounter with Ryan to Beth and me in the shower. Wrapped up in my thoughts my phone pinged and it was Beth, telling me goodnight.
Even though I don't know how to process what happened today I know a part of me didn't regret it at all.