1. The Text Message

*"Gordon Lightfoot"*
As Jessica looks down at her phone to notice that Tyler message the group chat, she feels a cold breeze run through her body. The group barely kept in touch after they left for their separate ways after the last summer of high school. She doesn't answer it very quick, but sees that Tony and Zach messaged and said

*Zach : "hey what's up?"*
*Tony : "How you holding up?"*

She decides to message and says
* "Hey Guys, How are things" *

Clay, Ani and Alex all respond with

* Ani : "I'm doing pretty good, just a few more exams until i'm done for winter break"*
* Alex : "Me and Charlie are actually here in the hometown for the holidays this year instead of spending it at my dorm as usual."*
* Clay : "I've been working on my finals, but i'm actually going home for the holidays too"*

As Jess sees everyone's responses, she thought it'll be a great idea to get everyone together at Monet's just to catch up on things.

* "Hey guys why don't we all just go to Monet's sometime during the break and just catch up with each other?"*

* Ryan : "I can't come, my family, my boyfriend and I  are heading to the Mountains in Montana during the break"*

As everyone else agrees to meet up at Monet's to catch up, Jess is feeling better to know that she gets to see her friends again but then again her heart aches for the burden that lays there. Justin.

Alex's POV

As I walk into the small coffee shop a little ways from my dorm, called "Horizon's". I order a iced coffee with just a bit of skim milk and usually a croissant, but today i didn't want one. I kept thinking about how I'm excited to be going home for winter break to see Charlie, it feels like forever since Thanksgiving break the last time i seen him. As I am getting into my car my phone rings and i see that it's Charlie calling me so I answer it.

A : "What's up babe?" i say
C : "i was just wanting to see how you're doing, and also just can't wait to see you on Tuesday!"
A : "yes, me too. But shouldn't you be in class right now?"
C : "i have study hall right now but i just wanted to hear your voice."
A : "ohhh i see, well i missed your voice too. Did you get the text about everyone meeting at Monet's sometime next week?"
C : "Yeah, i'm excited to see everyone again, it's been so long. I should get back to studying so i can ace my history final."
A : "okay, be safe and message me whenever your free"
C : "yes i will, I love you."
A: "I love you too."

As Alex hangs up, he puts his seatbelt on and starts his car and drives back to his dorm.

Tony's POV

I'm finally done with the finals, and all i have to do is pack up some of my clothes and head back home to see caleb. I've been visiting my family a lot recently even though it's been really tough for me but it's something i have to do. Me and caleb went spend christmas with my family last year, it was pretty good trip overall just glad i'm closer to my family and able to see them. It's been quite sometime that someone has messaged the group chat, but when they did i felt a strike of happiness come through my body. When people say "hang onto your friends from high school, because they can slip away" they were right about it all along. Caleb and I were talking about moving closer to my parents sometime after i get done with my 4 years. As I slip on my Black leather jacket, I grab my keys off my desk and hop into my red ford mustang, as I began to hit the road home.