6. 10 gifts.

Narrator's POV

It's almost 8 o'clock and mostly everyone arrived at Charlie's house except Tyler so far. They're going around talking about how their winter break is going, and Zach notices how Alex looks a little distant with everyone. So he walks over to Alex and sits down on the chair next to home. "How are things playa?" Zach jokes. "i'm fantastic." Alex replies sarcastically. "you don't sound like your fantastic" The tall boy was concerned. "is it weird if i feel kinda off with Charlie and his friend Sebastian." Alex looked down. "wait who's sebastian?" Zach asked. "he showed up earlier when Charlie went to get the cake, but i guess they're friends from school, he came over to hangout with charlie" Alex shrugged "dude sounds like he's just a regular friend" Zach tried to reassure him. "I know i shouldn't worry but we were really distant most of the time before thanksgiving." Alex sips his beer. "let's get this gift exchange started shall we?" Clay stands up and looks around the room. Ani goes first, "Well i couldn't really figure out what to get you so i winged it" She chuckles and hands the bag to Caleb. Caleb pulls out an already paid three month workout meal program. "i was actually thinking about checking this out with Tony the other day." Caleb smiles and stand up to give her a hug. . "thanks Ani" he adds. Caleb grabs the gift box from the kitchen table. He proceeded to give it to Zach, "it's something you'll need since you'll be coaching baseball." Zach opens the box and pulls out the  dark blue cap and dark grey thin sweater. "This is sick, definitely going to be wearing them." Zach nodded his head. He then reached under his chair and grabbed Alex's gift. "It's something you have been pretty much talking about for awhile now." Alex is very pleased with the packaging and it was a box within a box and another. He pulled out 2 tickets to the Tame Impala show happening in a few weeks. "Zach really? Are you sure? this is a huge gift." the brown haired boy says. "yes i'm sure, you deserve it. You're my best friend for the long run." Zach gives Alex a side hug. Alex gives Courtney her gift. Courtney opens the gift bag, and tears open the white envelope. It's a Caribou Coffee Gift card. "you always talked about having to spend money on coffee like crazy." Alex laughs "so i got you one, there's 75 dollars on there Court." he finished his sentence. "ahhh yes! i definitely needed this. Thanks alex" she looked at him with an 'aw' face "Okay i guess it's my turn." She hands the box to Tony, and he opens it and pulls out a black leather jacket with a ford patch on the left arm sleeve. "i know how you love your mustang" Court grinned. "yooo this is sick, i've been looking for one of these" he was admiring his new jacket. "it was pretty hard to find it but i did" she said after. Then after that Jess got a tapestry that says 'fuck the patriarchy and women rule the world' from tony. Next Jess gave Clay a snow globe with 2 people sitting on a bench while it was snowing. Clay proceeded to give Charlie a vinyl cd of The 1975 newest Album since they both liked the band. Charlie's gift to Tyler was an 500mm nixon camera lense.  After they all were done doing the gift exchange, Clay told everyone to come outside. As everyone did what he said, He dug into his back seat and pulled out 3 lanterns. "um- Since were missing Justin, Hannah, and Jeff here. I was thinking maybe we could light these lanterns for them." Clay scratched his arm. Everyone agreed to light the lanterns for them. They put Justin's name on one and did the same for Hannah and Jeff. Everyone wrote little messages for them on each one. Clay, Jess, Charlie and Ani held Justin's, then Alex, Zach, and Courtney held Jeff's and Tyler, Tony, and Caleb held Hannah's. They all hugged each other before letting them go in the dark, moon lit sky, watching them fade into the mist of dark gray clouds. They walked back into the house and ate desert. The group was sharing laughs but Charlie noticed Alex wasn't really there. He goes up to him and finds him in the study room. "there you are, i've been looking for you" cheesy smiles. "here i am" Alex responses. "how's the party going? babe" he asks "it's pretty good, i love the gift from Zach. everything else went fantastic" alex clears his throat. "maybe we should head back to the party" alex walks out of the room followed by charlie. Charlie thinks to himself about if he did anything wrong to hurt Alex or if he said something. He's feeling distant with him tonight. As everyone is started leaving Alex goes up to cheesy and kisses him on his cheek and tells him he's going to catch a ride with Zach. Before Alex could grab his jacket, Charlie stops and kisses him on the lips. Making sure that it wouldn't be broken. As they began to stop, Charlie tells Alex "Be safe and I love you a lot. Goodnight my love." Alex smirks and says "i will, i love you too and i'll see you tomorrow hopefully. "  He walks out the door and towards Zach's car. As they hit the road, Alex reassured himself  "You know what i think me and Charlie are going to alright, matter of fact i don't think, I know we will. I'm not going to let this boy named Sebastian interfere with my thoughts." "That's good bro, I'm happy as long as your happy with how everything is going. And that the type of mindset you need to keep."  Zach pulls into Alex's driveway. "i needed this type of talk. It's been way too long." Alex says unbuckling his seatbelt. "yeah, definitely. Anytime." Zach says. They go in for a bro hug but as Zach pulls away, he feels the tension. They both start leaning in and then their lips collided and kissed.