3. Parties and Old Friends

Zach then... grabs alex by the hand and pulls him in for a bro hug, "it's a feeling that has been missed, and now let's go set up the party if you're not busy with anything else?" "yeah we should get going anyways, but I just gotta stop by my house, see my parents and drop off my luggage. I'll meet you at your house in a half hour" as Alex puts his hands into his sweater pockets. They both get into their cars and head in different directions.

Clay's POV

A cold breeze hits my face when I step out of my car, I can hear the front door opening and as I look up I see my parents smiling and greeting me home. "I missed you so much hon" my mom says. "Hey I know that you still don't like sleeping in you and Justin's old bedroom so I put a bed in your old room upstairs." as my dad says hugging me. "I think i'll be fine with sleeping in the back house, I'll give it a try again this time." I said while swallowing my hesitation. We walk into the house and I set my bags down by the stairs. "Hey were thinking about making Turkey Roast with mashed potatoes and rice o roni, would you like to have it?" As my mom sits down. I reach into my pocket and pull out my phone to check the time. "Yeah that'll be fine mom, I actually gotta go. We're doing this little present thing at Zach's, so i'll be back later" as I walk by to grab a water from the fridge and go outside to my car. I turn the key over and drive to the party.

Narrator POV

As everyone starts arriving, First one is Courtney, then came Ani followed by Alex and Charlie, and everyone else proceeded to come. "So i've brought something we all might need to use to get us going" Everyone's confused until Courtney pulls a bottle of liquor out of her purse. Laughter begin filling the room after it. "We need to figure out how we're going to start who's secret santa is who." Charlie exclaims They put their names in a cup one by one, and pull one out each. Jess gets Clay, Clay gets Charlie, Charlie gets Tyler, Tyler gets Ani, Ani gets Caleb, Caleb gets Zach, Zach gets Alex, Alex gets Courtney, Courtney gets Tony, and Tony gets Jess. "This is going to be a tough gift" Ani laughs "Same over here" Courtney slightly bumps Ani's shoulder.

*About a good hour and a half fly by*

Clay stands up "I just want to make a toast to this friendship that never would've happen, and also to the past fellow friends" He takes a deep breath and says "Hannah, Jeff, and Justin. and that we made it farther in life than we all thought we wouldn't, that closes it." I lift my drink followed by everyone and we all take a sips. Alex then goes into the kitchen followed by Zach "Hey how's the party for you and Charlie?" Zach asks "I wanna say that's it's going pretty good, you know just that everyone is back and we finally get to catch up also I think Charlie is having a fun time." Alex responded. "Sounds pretty good".

Clay's POV

"Hey i need to head home, I need to unpack still." I say. "Hey can I catch a ride?" Tyler asks "Yeah, Anyone else need one?" I wonder. A bunch of no's scattered the room. Tyler and I head outside and start the car and drive away. "Hey do you ever wonder where we'd be if none of this happened." Tyler looks out the window. "Sometimes i do, and i just imagine if maybe we did win hannah's case everything would've happened different or has gone just a bit smoother but then again it shaped us into who we are today" I said. "You do have a point, Clay. I just hope this winter break goes great. I missed hanging out with everybody." He exclaims "How are you and Estrela doing?" I question. "Well, we've been doing good, almost going to be 2 years in May. She's with her mom and dad in Colorado for a family christmas trip meanwhile visiting family too." Tyler grins. "That's good, well you remember Heidi from after the graduation ceremony? Well we in fact did go out and get coffee and got to know each other better but i think we're sort of taking it slow but overall i'm enjoying taking things slow with her." I continue to talk as I pull up into Tyler's driveway to drop him off "Well that's sweet and i hope all things go well with you and her, but goodnight man." Tyler shuts the door and walking into his house. I start thinking "Maybe i am falling in love with heidi, but am i really tho? I want to so bad but i just don't know if i am ready."

* Skip to clay getting home *

I check my phone it's 12:31am. I grab my house key and open the front door, I close it and head to the kitchen to grab a water and my plate of food. I sit at the table and just look at me and Justin's bedroom. I don't think i'm ready to sleep in there just yet, I start heading upstairs to my old bedroom and lay on the bed and just drift away to sleep.

The Next Morning

Jessica's POV

Im walking out of my hotel room and i make my way to the lobby. I hear "Jessica?" I turn to see Diego. "I didn't know you were in town. How's everything?" He asks "Yeah i'm here for the holidays with my friends." I reply. "I just didn't think that you'd come back here instead of going home." Diego says smiling. "Yeah, it was a last minute thing, but i just wanted to visit here for a while" I laugh. "Hey maybe we can catch up sometime, maybe at the diner or a different restaurant. It was really great seeing you Jess, you look great too!" He said while giving me a hug and walking away waving. "You too, Diego and yes we can catch up sometime just text me." It's been really good seeing him, he just a good support system to help me. Even the nights he'd pick me up in the summer after high school and we'd just sit in the car and talk, or the ones that were quiet.

*Buzz Buzz*

*Dad : "Hey sweetie, how's everything going in Evergreen?" *

*Me : "It's going good, we're doing a secret santa thing at Zach's house tomorrow night." *

*Dad : "That great! We miss you very much and can't wait to see you for spring break! Love you." *

*Me : "Love and miss you guys a lot too :))" *

I head outside of the hotel and get into my car and head in search of a gift for Clay.

Author's Note
(Hi, i'm sorry for not posting recently i've been deciding on how it's going to plan out with the story and make it interesting a lot, but there's a lot in store for you guys and I hope you love it!)

And if you guys have any ideas for the book you can send them to my spam account on instagram @drpepperstanaccount
or my Twitter @woahhhtashi
Thank you guys!!!!!