4. An Unexpected Friend

Jess's POV
I'm driving around the town and looking at all these shops, until a shop caught my eye. It was called "Past and Present". I pull into the curb parking somewhat close to the store but a little up the block. I open my car door and get the the shop. I step inside the gray colored door, and the bell at the top goes off. As I start to look around they have a lot of vinyls and old mixtapes of artists.  I start to get into more of the store and I notice something that catches my eye. A snow globe with a bench in it, with 2 miniature people in it listening to headphones and sitting down. I thought it was the sweetest thing to get him, I just hope he likes it. I then decide to keep looking around and i buy a few things too. I head outside and my face gets hit with warm yet cold air.  I check the time on my phone and notice Zach message the group chat

*Zach : " Hey what time is the party tomorrow night?"*

*Charlie : "We can have it here at my house, around 8 o'clock. My dad will be gone for a couple days, so my house is free."

*Tyler : "sounds like a plan, see you guys soon"*

*Courtney : "okey dokey"*

*Seen by everyone*

At least I got Clay's gift early, kinda feel good about it. I walk to my car and open my door
and drive away. As i'm on the road I drive past the high school football field, and i just replay the moment of when Justin was playing football and he always waved at me before he got onto the field. I found closure but a piece of my heart will belong to him. I find my way back to the hotel and take a nap.

Tyler's POV
I lay down on my bed, and just stare at my ceiling. My mom walks into my room and asks if I was busy today, and wanted to go to the flea market. I didn't wanna go, but i'm only here for a couple of weeks so I got up and grabbed my wallet and my jacket. "I'll be outside mom" I say while walking out the front door. I open the car door and sit down. The smell of fresh cut grass, smells so good today. Clouds are moving slow, and the trees sway with the breeze. My mom finally enters the car, starts the ignition. We pull out of the driveway and set down the main road. "so how's college going?" she asks "It's going good, My art professor really thinks i'm going to make a fantastic Photographer." I reply  "That's great sweetie! I'm so proud of you." She smiled. After awhile we finally arrived at the Market, i just kinda stayed walking with her. I accidentally bump into someone and they turned around and it's Winston. "My bad sir-" he said "Hey Tyler, I didn't know you would be here." he adds "Yeah i'm here with my mom." As i look around trying not to make it awkward. "It's great to see you again." Winston responds. "Yeah, you too." I half smiled. As i make my way back towards my mom, i look for a gift for Ani. I keep looking  but there is nothing that i think she'll like. "Hey mom do you think we can go by a couple shops downtown, i need to find a gift for Ani, because we're doing a gift exchange thing." I say. "Yeah sure why not, i could bring you." she kisses my cheek. As we head to the car, I check the time and it was 1:38 pm.

*Time passes*

We arrive at the stores, we drive and decide on which stores were going to shop at. "how about the one on the end at the corner?" she points at it. "yeah that's fine mom." I responded We parked and I got out and stretched. We both check to see if traffic is coming on the road but there was a car so we waited until it passed and walked to the store. I walked in right after my mom and there was a smell, it was very strong. I cover my nose until we get more further into the store, my mom points at these camera lenses. "look honey, these are cool." "yeah, they are. I think i have 6 of them already." I grin. "Well you don't want another one? you can get one." my mom asks. "Yeah i'll get the one of the top row in the right corner." I point towards it. "okay well when we get to the counter, i'll tell the store employee." I nod. As i make my way around the store i find something that suits Ani. I bring it up to the front and ask about the lens to the employee. I then head home with my mom and it was 2:28pm. I take out my phone and message the group chat.

*Tyler : "hey guys i just ran into winston downtown. It was super weird"*

*Tony : "he's probably home for the holidays too, just like everyone else."*

*Jess : "wow, haven't seen him since graduation."*

*Tyler : "He looks like he's doing pretty good, but he did change his hair, he grew it out more." *

*Alex : "change is good!"*

I then arrive home and head back to my room before i go into the kitchen and grab a cold bottle of water. I open my bedroom door and close it. I put my lens on my camera and take a few shots of my wall full of photos. They included most of the photos from the exhibit at Monet's. As i played around with the camera. I decided i was going to bring it to the party tomorrow night. Just to capture the moment, since who knows the next time we'll all be together again.